Want To Build BBSB

Sean Simoes

Hey I live and hunt on the coast of New Jersey and have been thinking about building a sneak box but am having a hard time finding plans. Does any one know were I can get free plans or buy good plans for an amateur build or possibly a kit ? Any information / input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
You landed in the right hole for information on that subject . Just search the site and I'm sure you will find what ever information you need , or even a builder to do it for you . Welcome aboard and good luck .

Sean, do your research and determine what style BBSB you are looking for. There are many choices. Both in style and in construction methods. Once you have that figured out we can better offer some suggestions.

Go to the Commercial Duckboat List on this site

http://duckboats.net/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=8;

Clark Craft
Devlin
Glen-L

Last edited:
If you want to build a traditional bbsb then go see Ron at the Tuckerton seaport museum. You can check out his latest build and get an idea of how to do it. He's also a wealth of knowledge and you can pick his brain with your questions. When I rebuilt mine I stopped down to ask a few questions and get some ideas and it helped me out a lot.

Sean,
I am running out this door this morning but I did quite a bit of research on BBSB builds and ordered plans though mystic sea port. Never got around to building the boat yet. If you run a search you should be able to find some info on the plans I ordered. Post up what additional info you come across also.

Back