Weatherby SA-08 automatic?

chester sadowski

I was looking at getting a 20ga for my daughter. I found some adds online for this gun, a weatherby SA-08 auto. Was wondering if anyone had one, and what it was like. If it was worth buying, and how it has held up to the elements.

Thanks for the info

I just ordered one of these in 12 ga camo to keep as a second gun for my father when he visits. I haven't yet received it and I left it to him to choose what he wanted. He made his decision after speaking with a guide friend of his who has put one or two thousand rounds through his, all types of loads, and no failures or issues. And his gun had not been particularly well taken care of.

I did meet a fellow that had the pump gun (PA-08?) at the launch last month and he seemed very pleased with it. A quick look in hand and the gun seemed well made. They feel fairly light, so I wonder about recoil.

I'm considering getting the 20 ga myself for a grouse gun. If you do wind up getting one, I'd be keen to read your thoughts on it. I'll try to remember to post up again once I have some experience with it.

thanks nick

Just bought the gun today. Will give to a heads up when i try it out. Trying to keep gun fairly well maintained though. Unfortunately it wont be getting very much use for a couple years. Just thinking ahead.. If i do try it out, i will let you know exactly how it works. Seems like a nice gun. Bass pro had them at an unbelievable price for an auto. If your thinking about the 20 check there might be worth while.....

Back