What do you carry in your sneakbox??

The short answer is... two of everything I might need - sometimes three :) Luckily, I have enough room in my boat. But if you'd like a list... here goes:
  • canoe paddle (for the odd time I feel like jump shooting) + oars (in case the motor fails) + pushpole (for when I get stuck in mud)
  • Floating cushion (in addition the the life jacket I wear)
  • A basic tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Duct tape
  • Fire extiguisher
  • Flares, 2 mirrors, 2 whistles and those flashing light thingies in at least two different places where I can grab one
  • Danforth and two mushroom anchors
  • Those brush gripper thingies
  • Short pole + long pole - to anchor to if it is low tide and I can't get to vegetation
  • dry bag with a complete change of clothes like, especially spare socks, gloves, hats and outer shell
  • I always have some Clif bars stashed away and at least a gallon of water in addition to my food and drink in my bag
  • Spare ammo, duck calls, camo paint, decoy line, decoy weights
  • Spare line
  • Dowel and spare hose tightener thingies in case I need to make a quick tiller extension handle
Umm... that's about it, I think...

Hope this helps

Anthony

Telescopic push pole with paddle attachment, abs pole to push into mud to hold boat, spot light, flare kit , grapple anchor and fire extuigher. Food, water, calls extra gloves, first aid kit and ammo is in my blind bag. That way is ready to go if I go with someone else, field hunting, or use my bigger boat.

Oh a shotgun normally helps, depends on my aim that morning. And lots and lots of decoys.

I carry a drybox with the following items inside:
Spare plug
small tool kit
VHF Radio (handheld)
Cell phone
Signal Flares
Duct tape
Plastic zip ties
Whistle
Knife
WD40, small spray bottle
Binoculars (small)
Extra decoy line & anchors
Battery operated handheld spotlight
Flashlight
Headlamp
Toilet paper in a heavy duty ziploc

I also carry PFD's, Throwable PFD (seat cushion), 2 anchors, telescoping push pole, camo outboard cover, tiller extension, two canoe paddles, marine battery, gas tank, soft floating shotgun storage case, shell bag (w/calls, license, laminated waterfowl limits, boat registration, shells, food, drink, etc), removable bow & stern lights, shotgun & decoys.

I have found that a boat can get quite crowded with all of these items, so everything has it's place. The more organized you keep your boat while hunting, the less problems you will have with tangled decoy lines, trouble finding things in the dark, etc.

View attachment closed.jpg

Last edited:
My boats generally have most of the stuff listed above, plus a pretty good collection of mud (fresh and salt water versions), broken rice and cattail stalks, spent shells, granola bar wrappers, empty water bottles, and at least one broken paddle.

My boats generally have most of the stuff listed above, plus a pretty good collection of mud (fresh and salt water versions), broken rice and cattail stalks, spent shells, granola bar wrappers, empty water bottles, and at least one broken paddle.

Isn't that the truth! I pull the floor boards out of my sneakbox before every season to give it a good cleaning. There's enough grass to camo the boat, empty shells that I have NO idea how they got in there and oh man the mud. That doesn't include what's hiding in the sponsons.

Back