what is a good hunting boat to buy

Donald,
I dont know where you are from because you have not filled out your profile. But I am thinking you might be near NJ due to the brant decoy request.
If so go to the Tuckerton Seaport Duck and Boat show next year. I would not buy a boat before I went to that. You will see every king you can imagine and will be much better able to judge what you like by seeing\sitting right in it.

Donald,
You need at least five boats to cover most every situation. But most of us get by with 2-3! What are you looking to do? How many people, decoys, dogs? What kind of water? Dedicated to one situation or do you need versatility?

Let us know what you are looking for and what you expect it to do. Going to the Tuckerton show is a great idea! You would see many hunting boats on display, not just what the newest thing on the market is.

Gene

How about you actually tell us how and where you hunt before you ask 50 questions that can't be answered without more info. Almost looks like someone trying to get to 30 posts.

Tim

I just bought a duckwater ocean 19. You should take a look at them. I can hunt 5 people and a dog. It will also hold 8 dozen decoys without getting in the way. And its 1/4" aluminum.

I just got a Bankes 19' Crusader.. It is an awesome boat. Hunt 4 people and dog comfortably.. It is versatile can use open water or marsh..

Back