what is the best decoy it buy want to new ones

"best" is subjective,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Best in terms of what criteria? best specie? best weight? best size? best material? best paint type as in oil or acrylic?

Not one decoy will be "best" for all conditions. I guess that is why there are so many choices out there.

Good luck in your search.

Don, If youre in South Jersey your close to some very good decoy carvers. Mike Braun from this site has some awsome decoys as well as P.K. Hilliard from Pleasantville. Hilliards website is presently down but you can buy from both of these gentleman at the Tuckerton Waterfowl Show in September.

their is no best you have to have a set for every circumstance thats why pound for pound its one of the most expensive hunts. Good luck

I guess it runs thru my mind as well. I hunt big water, so I want something other than plastic. Seems some guys I know use the Herters 72's burlapped as the almighty decoy. I don't know, only have plastic so far but would like to change and buy foam divers. Riding in the waves is a biggy to me than flopping around whether on a string of them or set out singley.

Back