WOW!! Cabelas

Shawn Hollis

I ordered some decoys and a kennel cover a few weeks ago (8/06) and received the decoys in about three days. Well I have been waiting on the cover thinking it was backordered. Since it had been a while I dug the bill out of the decoy box and to my surprise it said that the cover was in the shipment. I called Cabelas and within a couple of minutes they had arranged to send me another cover no questions asked. I have been a customer for a long time but had never had a reason to call on their customer service department. I was impressed!! I will be a customer for a long time to come. Shawn

I have also been a long time satisfied customer of Cabela's. I bought a boat from them a few years ago and after one season on the water it started to get some cracks on the transom. I didn't like where that was going so I called the boat manager guy and he said bring it back and they gave me a new one. Nobody acted pissed off or game me that "now my kid's won't eat" look that some retailers do when you want to return something. Likewise, I have had to return some waders with leaking seams and they took them back without any argument. They come out ahead, though, because I have spent loads of money at their store.

I have had great experiences with their customer service. They are very quick on returns or whatever and never seem mad. I sent back one of their meat grinders almost a year after purchasing it and they refunded my money, no questions asked. I'll always be a customer there!

I've only had cause to call their customer service one time. I was treated with the same respect and quick response as you. Well done Cabelas. We all know that sooner or later problems are going to arrise, its how these problems are handled that seperate the good from the bad.

Their customer service has always been terrific for me as well.
I've never had a problem with them at all.
I had to return some items not long ago, because I needed more than I originally ordered. THe CS lady found me an acceptable similar item which was available in quantity and even sent me a shipping label I could use to return the stuff I'd ordered first at no cost to myself.
Hey, what in the blazes are you doing buying dekes from Cabelas anyway, Shawn. You got buddies that carve!

Last edited:
Just received some Decoys from Cabelas. Opened the big box and the decoy box was opened on one end. Sure as the world there was a missing Keel ( GHG) Made the call. They are sending me another six pack of these decoys with the instructions to rob the needed keel and send that case back. Hmmm! All this at there expense. I have been dealing with them for better than 20 years. Over that time period I have used their Customer service a few times and have always been very satisfied. They will have a life long customer here.

I ordered those battery operated heated sox that I have seen in catalogs since I was a little kid. I ordered the waders version which has the batteries in a pouch with wires leading to the sox but they sent regular ones with the battery pouch on e the sock. I called them and they sent me the correct one and told me to keep the other pair for my trouble.

I have always been impressed with Cabella's service and so has my wife, she loves how easy it is to order stuff from them, and the quality is always good.

Back