your best sunrise/sunset...hard to beat mine...

VT sunrise

sunrise.jpg

SK sunrise

9525025551071.jpg

SK again

4257225551071.jpg

SK sunset

256883185071.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Jon, that's amazing. Was that post processed at all or is that all natural? Very cool picture either way.

Those were taken with a Nikon Cool Pix point & shoot camera (I think that it is only a 3.5 megapixel - it's about 10 years old). No processing at all - I wouldn't even know where to begin. I had some 8 x 10 prints made and framed them. I just got lucky on those.

Thank your 'guide'. LOL Actually, those had to be taken in 2004/2005, I think. I can look up my copies, as they are in seasonally dated folders. Like Jon says, it was amazing. The light made our yellow labs look red. Our hands looked red, etc. The light was intensely colored by the sunrise that morning. Memorable sunrise, for sure. ...and don't let Jon be too modest, he takes some pretty good pictures.

I have a couple from this year. I'm new to this site as of today and thought I would try to see if I am posting correctly.
Al

IMG_4071.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

Sunrise over the Columbia River from the summit of Mt. Hood, Oregon (11,249 feet)
103_0303.jpg

Sunrise at the ramp on Upper Klamath Lake, Oregon
UpperKlamathLake001.jpg

Sunset from Waikiki
116_1646.jpg

Sunset over the Selkirk Mountains in Northern Idaho
IMG_0698.jpg

Saskatchewan Sunrise
IMG_0784.jpg

Sunrise from 9,000 feet on Mt. Hood
104_0432.jpg

The view about 30 minutes later ...
104_0434.jpg

Seaduck hunting in Seldovia, AK Sunrise at 9:03 am
IMG_1516.jpg

Sunrise over the North Cascades
109_0954.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to believe it seems like there's only about 4 Canadians on here posting? Some great pictures in this thread, thanks for posting them.

Make that 5 Canadians... I just happen to live in New Jersey :)

Nice shots Brad. Quite remarkable really - I thought myself and a buddy here were the only two duck hunter/climbers around. Not too many of us that choose those two passions I think! Two great reasons to get out of bed early (can't really think of any others). I'll avoid posting the same so I don't hijack the thread...

Great shots everyone else, got me looking forward to next fall already!

These shots are for you Nick. They were taken a little north of where you are. I moose hunt in the area having been born and raised up there.

This shot of an evening storm front was taken from a ridge near Sowden Lake.

IMG_0343.jpg

Sunrise over Sowden Lake.

IMG_0159.jpg

Thanks for those Paul! I've been very fortunate living and working up here, I'm fortunate to spend much of my time at work in the forests. I love the shot of the storm front. Small world, I suspected there might be a member or two on this forum that was either from here or visited the area.

I didn't see anything from the Carolinas, so here is one from a hunt about two years ago on the Pamlico Sound....you can just make out the layout boat and the spread on the right side of the horizon....this is framed and on my wall.

Layoutatsunrise.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to believe it seems like there's only about 4 Canadians on here posting? Some great pictures in this thread, thanks for posting them.

Make that 5 Canadians... I just happen to live in New Jersey :)

CANADIANS?!?!

You fellas find me a nice gal from Manitoba, Sask, or any other ducky Canadian area, and i'll be Canadian in six months !

Here's my submission . . . THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND . . . (sure hope dad sees this before my birthday . . . )

IMG_5056.jpg

Back