15 H.P. YAMAHA 2 STROKE -- 'LIL HELP

GIL SEAY

TRYING TO ORDER A REPLACEMNT PROP FOR MY YAMAHA, AND AM HAVING TROUBLE IDENTIFYING FACTORY PROP NUMBERS, DUE TO AGE, MINOR WEAR, AND MULTIPLE COATS OF SPRAY PAINT. I CANNOT DETERMINE IF ITS;

9 1/4 X 9 -J OR 9 1/4 X 8 - J

IF ANYONE HAS ONE AND COULD TAKE A LOOK AT THEIRS, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
GIL

Gil,

If no one responds I can check when I get home from work tonight. I have the same motor.

Thanks,
Ryan

my 2008 yamaha 15hp 2 stroke came with a 9 1/4(diameter of blades) x 11(pitch of blades) j but they also come in different pitch sizes for different applications.

THANKS TOM, IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING WHAT DO YOU RUN IT ON. WHATS YOUR TOP SPEED..., DO YOU KNOW YOUR TOP RPM?

IF ANYONE HAS INFO, I'D LOVE TO HEAR IT.

THANKS AGAIN,

GIL

i run it on a lowe 1440mv jon boat. it was running about 70 rpms higher than max recommended range and i was doing about 28mph. i switched to a powertech stainless steel prop(the one they recommend for suzuki engines with a little larger 9 1/2" diameter in 10 pitch) because i am running it in shallow water through sandy mud and i needed something more durable than aluminum. now i run about 50 rpms below max recommended and doing about 26-27 mph. with the stainless, i seem to have much more low end torque and the boat gets up on plane immediately- nice for running in the shallow areas.

Last edited:
Back