159 reasons to say " Hey Dave Sikorski "

Nice Dave!
Any longer of a polish last name and you might have run out of ducks.

P.

"Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog" at least thats what my choc. lab Cade says. :)

Hey Jon

I noticed the color of your hacienda matched your Crocs! Bwaahahahahahaha!!!!1
Looks like a great shoot!

Talk to you tomorrow!
Doug

Jon

That pic might fly and get a lot of positive remarks at the Refuge but not here, at least not by those who have been here long enough to appreciate the content of this site. I'm not trying to single you out or make a big issue of it so don't take it personally. Just realize that many, myself included, think what you do with ducks/geese once in your possession is a reflection of what kind of waterfowler you are beyond having skills to amass body piles. Be cognizant of the fact that picture will reflect poorly on you. Think about the photos posted here that are applauded and appreciated and compare them to yours. It could be you never have given it any thought or it could be you completely disagree but I can promise it will not be well recieved.

I'm going to leave the decision to remove or not to remove the pic completely up to you, it's your call. What message do you want to send. Let me know if you need any help removing the post or pic.

Eric Patterson

Last edited:
Glad you all had a great trip to Argentina.

Eric-
I understand this websites long standing tradition of no "tailgate shots" and respect that to no end.

But, the bottom line is the group of guys that went down there and I know they are nothing but upstanding waterfowlers who repsect the resource and let nothing go to waste. I can guarantee the ducks were not wasted. Nothing in this picture is illegal, and if we knew the whole story, I don't think anyone would find it unethical either.

This picture spawns from some friendly banter between Jon, George, and I b/c I made the decision not to go to Argentina with them this year.

While I don't think it is necessary to remove the picture, I respect you and this site and support you in your's or Jon's decision to remove the picture, if need be.

-D

Dave,

As a big game hunter and a new waterfowler as of a couple years. I have seen and know of many hunters that do not take the necessary time and love into properly butchering their harvests. I know how time consuming it is to have only 5 lbs of waste on a 150lbs deer (minus the guts). How many hunters do you know that cook and an entire duck/goose and savour the nice tasty wings that come out of the oven.
I think I know of a handful including my self. I know what it takes to properly take care of game and when I looked at your picture the first time, the first thought was how much work would go into taking care of those animals!
When I read it was from Argentina, the last thought that came to mind, was if any of those beautiful birds were wasted.
I hope you keep the pic posted.

P.

"life's too short to hunt with and ugly dog"

Not in defense of the picture AT ALL, but...

I suspect they probably have hired hands to process the birds and then distribute the ones they aren't mounting or eating to local folks who will put them to good use.

I've never been, nor do I suspect I'll ever go, but I think I've read this in articles and on the 'net...

Charlie

Should have said.

Jon I'm sorry but I dont think this picture represents the spirit of this community and should be removed. Friendly banter of this type should have been left to private messages.

Just my humble opinion.

Joe Lane

Last edited:
Dave

I appreciate you addressing my post and providing additional info on Jon's behalf. For me personally it matters not where the birds were taken. My original post wasn't meant to suggest they were being wasted or part of anything illegal. I never thought that. My point was taking piles of ducks and spreading them out on a muddy driveway for graffitti doesn't seem fitting for the quarry and I don't think it reflects the true character of the waterfowlers as you describe them. When I first saw the post I thought about not saying anything because when it comes down to it we are not talking about an illageal activity or anything that directly affects me. In the end I decided to mention it because sometimes it takes the objection of another to contemplate and reconsider something that otherwise may have never been given any thought. Pictures put on public display should probably capture the essence of the hunt or the prey and inside jokes should probably stay out of public view. At least that's how I tend to look at it.

Again, appreciate your response.

Eric

Back