18 ft Military boat

Lol I'm 280 but ill be driving! I couldn't believe when I stood on the very end of the bow the boat did not move at all. That was what sold me on it. I can't wait to get this thing rollin! I'm gonna buy the 2 sets right off the bat that way I'm ready to go with no issues

Well I now have the engine mounted along with the wedges. I now see why the wedges were so important, thanks dave. Also got the floor tore out and it will be going to the fab shop to get a quote on the floor and front and rear decks tomorrow
IMG_20110415_171742.jpg

IMG_20110415_171758.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Took her out on the maiden voyage today. It ran great though I will need to install a deck in the front there is definately racking when it hits rough water. It was. NE at 10 to 15 3' chop today and it didn't seem like I was getting the bite from the prop. Then I noticed it looked like the lower unit wasn't in the water as far as it should be though it was spittin water. I took some more pics tell me what you think. I kept it very simple and functional

IMG_20110619_142048.jpg

IMG_20110619_142041.jpg

IMG_20110619_141946.jpg

Here is the lower unit pic. Should the motor be lower?

IMG_20110619_140311.jpg

Joe, the motor looks good, but your prop may be the cause of the problem. I'd get that sucker rebuilt and trued.

Joe,

Did you only notice it in the rough chop? The motor height looks ok to me. In rougher water I have noticed my boat will seem like the motor is not deep enough also and it seems like it hesitates. I wouldn't start replacing a bunch of stuff just yet. Start small and cheap

Back