2014 Duckboats.net decoy swap?

completed list.

1.Jeff Nelson
2. F. Miller
3. Scott Green
4. D. Ludington
5. Tom Barb

for the rest of ya you can send me an email rn4ducks@yahoo.com or Message here on DB to submit your finished product. From what I have seen so far we will have some excellent birds that will be traded away

completed list.

1.Jeff Nelson
2. F. Miller
3. Scott Green
4. D. Ludington
5. Tom Barb
6. Steve Wheeler

I am hoping to get my canvasback completed with the paint on Tuesday. A fella is coming by to do a shoot of me carving and painting decoys for his new magazine that is going into print this July.

Tom~

I just sawed out a cork body for a Black Duck head I've had kicking around. I cannot get back to it 'til Monday evening - but I'm on track for early June.

All the best,

SJS

if you have sent me a picture of a completed bird and you are not on the list let me know immediately please.

Tom,

Are you going to post pictures of the completed birds? Or are we going to held in suspense until the due date?

R. C. (and Tom) ~

I will start the "Swap '14 Cavalcade of Blocks"....

The bird is tan cork with a White Pine head. I still need to put the finish paint on the bottom - and, I probably violated numerous gunning bird "rules". I did not seal the cork - just linseed oil, the torch, then more linseed. No ballast or self-righting - the new owner can add ballast if needed. And, the keel is flat so the bird will still trim properly when the tide runs out - as often happens in good Black Duck spots along the Atlantic Tidewater.

Corker2014Swapb_zps20222f35.jpg

BTW: I'm glad this photo does not show the slick from the linseed oil.

All the best,

SJS

Back