25 & 30 hp ETechs?

Carl

Staff member
Anyone have any experience with the 25 & 30 hp ETechs? They are a good 20-30 pounds lighter than some of the same hp 4 strokes, weigh about the same as others. They do have the highest cc's in their class.
Wondering if the 30 ETech is a good power option for a Lund 16 SSV?
Any opinions??? View attachment motorcomps.bmp

No opinion, but look at that yammie 25 2 stroke on weight!! wow is that light. Not that it matters a ton on a 16' boat, but still that is impressive. Low on displacement though.

I have a 30hp evinrude, remote steer on my 16' alumacraft. It has been more than sufficient over the years, somedays as it ages I wonder about gee, a 35hp would be so much nicer, but back in it's prime empty in summer with my fat butt in it I have GPS'd 31mph so it is good enough for me.

So you finally bought the Lund or are STILL kicking tires?? LOL

Carl,

Can't personally vouch for the smaller E-Tecs, but my 200 high output is a great quiet running motor (quieter than some 4 strokes) and very good on gas. Attention to detail seems great and i'll know in 9 or 10 years if I made a great investment.

I wouldn't hesitate to give a small one try.

Best,
harry

ALmost stuck on the Lund!!
If I buy only one boat, it will be a Lund SSV16.
However, we are throwing around the idea of buying a less expensive duck boat that I can put on my trailer & use my 18 hp (the Smokercraft 15 Alaskan DLX) and buying a used 17'-18' CC for inshore/nearshore fishing & hunting Mississippi Sound. If I could find a used Capehorn 17 at a reasonable price, I could pull this off.

Check out the 'fuge. There's an "ex" boat racer on there. He's not fond of BMP but says the 25 etech is the best in class.

Back