25 yamaha.. convert to electric start

Phil Nowack

So.. .I have 2007 Yamaha 25 horse rope pull 2 stroke... Does anyone know how difficult/expensive it would be to convert to an Electric start?

I presume I would need power cords... a relay.... a solenoid.... a switch and a starter...????? anything else?

Last edited:
phil i think it is actually very simple my dad and my neighbor both have 25hp yamaha motors and my nieghbor converted his to electric start and it was just a kit that he bought from our local dealer. He bought a rebuilt one for about $200 but i think a new one is closer to $500. I do know there is already a bracket for it you just have to bolt it on and run a few wires.

Phil, I garintee you won't regret doing this. I set up my 25 Evinrude with one almost 10 years ago and it sure beats getting all sweated up in the cold dark.

Tom, especially since something needs to be adjusted and it take between 8-20 pulls to start when cold.....remember... hint hint... ;)

phil, I did mine last year it is 25 yam 08 and it cost 529.00 . The best thing is now i have pull start and elec. rich

You might have to change out the flywheel. Some makes you have to and others you don't. I am not familiar with the Yamaha.

Phil, It may take a few pulls to get it going but it keeps on chugging along as long as it get warmed up and there is enough lube in the tank. Might even overheat some days.;<) Of course mine is an Evinrude not a Johnson.

Last edited:
Tom, I was talking about my Yamaha... remember we were going ot look at it this summer... there is something out of adjustment... as it will never start on 1 or 2 strarts like it is suppose to.

Phil, OOOPS I thought you might have been making an adult joke. No, sorry I didn't remember your starting problem but then gas in the tank may help yukyuk

Back