25hp e-tec

I run a 30hp etec on my duck boss 15, and have not had any real problems with it after 3 years. One small issue with the tension adjustment, but that as likely due to hard stops on stumps. Replaced under warranty. I have about 120 hours on the motor. It starts easily and runs smoothly. do you have any specific questions

much quieter than regular two strokes and starts easily with electric start or pull start. even in cold weather it will usually start with first pull on rope start always with a single push on the electric start.

I had a 90 Etec. I loved that engine! The only issue I ever had was that the "low oil" alarm would beep sometimes when I was in a heavy following sea. The oil in reservoir would slosh around and trick the sensor into thinking the oil level was low. Also, be sure to talk to some guys in your area about the oil mixture ratio. A mechanic can set the engine to mix at 50:1 or 100:1 based on your usage and the temps in your area. I preferred to run it richer because it gave me a little more peace of mind. But I can tell you that I would happily buy another Etec!!

I have had a 25 Etec for 5 years and my only regret is not getting a 30hp. Same motor just the computer is programmed differently. Like everybody has said. Starts easy and is not loud. I have ran mine in temp down to 15F with no issues. I just ordered a new new water pump for it for preventative maintenance and apparently they have redesigned it because some people were having issues with it not pumping enough water. I have never had an issue. One piece of advice I got from the dealer was not to get the manual tilt. It is heavy and the dealer had 2 people wanting to upgrade theirs after they had purchased the manual tilt. Since I have a tendency to hit the bottom I also got a CMC BA130 Break Away to mount it on so the motor kicks up when, not if, I hit something. Over all I have been very happy with it.

I just put a 2016 25hp e-tec on the back of my roy boat this year. Starts and runs great. Made it thru all season without adding any oil to it. My only problem that I have is that I loose the water around the prop when going thru tight corners at WOT.

I have had mine for three years now. Have had zero issues with it. Starts up first push of the button every time, runs quiet and has alot of power.

I purchased a new 30HP e-tec this year. It's been a great motor. Starts with push of button or rope pull quickly even on single digit days. It's quiet and doesn't use much fuel. Unfortunately got the manual tilt for my Lund Deep V. It's a lot of weight to tilt. The grab handle sits pretty far back on the cover. Can't understand why Evinrude would make that motor without a tilt assist cylinder. I'll be adding a CMC Tilt and Trim for next season.

Last edited:
I just checked the weight on 25 hp Suzuki 4 stroke vs. 25 Evinrude e-tec. Both with electric start power tilt and 20" shaft.
Suzuki 163 lbs.
Evinrude 320 lbs.
Can that be? doesn't sound right.

I just checked the weight on 25 hp Suzuki 4 stroke vs. 25 Evinrude e-tec. Both power tilt and 20" shaft.
Suzuki 163 lbs.
Evinrude 320 lbs.
Can that be? doesn't sound right.

Bill ....it's 183 lbs for Electric start Power TNT 20" shaft Tiller

Last edited:
Back