4 man limit of Broadbill

Capt. Larry M

Today Capt. Craig again had our party on the X!!

11-20-2006-01.jpg
[/img]

A four-man limit isn't as impressive as it used to be. Maybe next year they will allow two. Is it worth the trouble for one duck? Sure that is what I get often enough, but I always expect to limit out with five.

No it's not as impressive but, the clients love it!!! Shooting bird that they can't get on their own brings a smile to their face. What they still get to enjoy is a knot of 50-100 birds cupped up and committed in the dekes. That is impressive in itself!!!!!!!!!

A few more from yesterday

IMG_3487.jpg
[/img]
IMG_3501.jpg
[/img]

Here on Lake St Clair it was frustrating this year, Flight after flight of 100 to 500 bills cupped up and comming thru the blocks all day long, almost every day. Even from shore. More bills than I have ever seen in 18yr of hunting

We have more bluebills this year on Mobile Bay that the last 4 years. The pre-season count was 4 times what is was last year.
My partner found a raft of about 500 yesterday.
I like to be on the side of caution when it comes to managing limits but I still dont see the need for a 1 bird limit on 'bills. And neither do the vast majority of the state reps to the flyway council

Back