A.A. BlackJack owners?

Matt Masters

I have a A.A. BlackJack that I have been working on for a few months now and just about have it ready. I have a 20hp Mercury on it and took it out the first time today to see what she would do. WOW! This thing will fly. If there are anyone on here running one or have used one I got some questions that I would to ask. Also I need ideas for a dodger for this style boat and any info as to where I can get one made in AL.

Matt, Did the Blackjack replace or preceed the Broadbill? I think they are about the same boat and would be interested in comparing. I have a AA Broadbill that I built about 10 years ago and except for drainage issues love it. I run a 25 Evinrude and it does get with the program.

I'm not real sure when the BlackJack came into play. I believe it's an early to mid 90's model. I started out driving it by sitting on top of the cockpit opening then tried sitting inside. I am thinking about building a small pedestal type seat to sit on while driving. I just want to get some ideas as far as wiring, switch panels, seating, dodgers, blinds etc. I have several ideas in my head and on paper but would like to see others before making up my mind.

Back