a decoy hauling cart........

uncle mike pierce

I am looking for a decoy hauling cart to get my gear and 3 to 4 dozen decoys into some ponds and marshes, that are a half to one mile hike, but which have a trail to them.

I have looked at the deer hauling carts on the Cabelas website, and they would be fine, but when I read the comments of those who have bought them, most of these carts seem to be poorly made, with very poor quality control. I don't want to build one, I have enough projects between now and fall.

Can any of you recommend a commercially made, sturdy, deer hauling, folding cart with two large tires that I could use to haul decoys, gun, and shells over a trail to a hike in pond?

Feel free to PM me with the info..........

Thanks!

I have one of the deer carts that are sold by cabelas or gander mt.I have had it for a number of years, traded a friend some decoys for it who had it a few years before that. You can haul a ton of gear which saves your back, only problem I had was making sure the knobs stay tight on the arm that folds over. Good Luck

Cabelas cart with 3/4 conduit bolted to it to make rick shaw like handles. Slip some rubber bike handles over the conduit, put nylock nuts on instead of what came with it and you got yourself a sweet rig.

We have several walk-in only areas & long piers in our area.

Lot of guys down this way use the pier fishing or garden carts.

Big wheels, heavy loads & good maneuverability.

Reels-on-Wheels-Jr_-Fishing-Cart---Pier-Cart-Beach-Cart139-836_zpsfc56660c.jpg

Capture_zps68f285d6.jpg

ba046628ea12bef4a6327de1946596f6_image_504x337_zps84e57399.jpg

CIMG3014_zpsd20da967.jpg

hot_rod_shopping_cart_zpsfffa124c.jpg

Mike

It doesn't fold, but I have been tempted to load up my wife's garden cart like this and use it in a couple spots. I have a cabelas canoe cart that I put my double ender on and roll it down the trails full of deeks.

Chuck

PS I hear you on the too many projects comment

View attachment gca100a_1.jpg

Find a used jogging stroller ... preferably one with two seats. It'll do everything you're looking for and they are usually cheap to find on craigslist. Some burlap and local vegitation and it's pretty much out of sight

I have one of the Fish-N-Mate carts: aircraft aluminum, light, sturdy, and isn,t too expensive. Haven't used it for decoys but I'm sure it would work fine.

Maybe someone has saved a pic of my cart I had made....I have used it for your described use, though mine was designed to haul a ducker boat across the prairies. If not I will post pics later tonight.

Maybe someone has saved a pic of my cart I had made....I have used it for your described use, though mine was designed to haul a ducker boat across the prairies. If not I will post pics later tonight.

http://duckboats.net/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=199386;#199386

thanks chuck but the pics didn't come up on my computer so I will repost.

This is designed to use with the boat but I also wanted to it as a decoy cart. but I didn't get any pics set up that way.

View attachment 1-1-006.JPG

For a decoy cart I take the middle section out and U bolt a board over the wheels. This year I will buy a cartop basket and U bolt it on.

View attachment 1-1-004.JPG

View attachment 1-007.JPG

View attachment 1-022.JPG

It turned out perfect, got me and the boat into places didn't venture in years past.

Great idea and great design. Making one may have to wait until next year, but I can see the profit in having a small boat at the pothole or pond, and the boat easily carry my decoys, gun and shells.

thanks. I may get womething to get by this year, but something like this will definitely go up on my "to do list" for 2014.

Bill, Great cart. I hunt a bunch of places that look just like that. My Poleboat works in those spots and I have been using a canoe cart to move it. I really like your setup with handles. What boat is that on there? This is my favorite part of this site, sharing build it tricks.

Hey guys, I can't take credit for the design and build. I came up ideas for modifications on this guys standard dolly and worked with him to build it. http://www.windline.net/ I Spent hours looking at all the possibilities out there and liked features of many of them and the mods are a result of some of those other designs features.

Tom; An Alumacraft ducker.

I looked at the duck cart blind combo it was nice and guy was willing to sell without the blind, but it would have limited me to just decoys and for a bit more money I had one that could carry my boat or just decoys if I wanted.

Eric, Not only cheep on Craigslist but just the other day I picked up one on the curb for FREE!!!. This thread came right to mind. This one also had the bicycle hookup so the mountain bike might see some fall use too.

Back