Ak May '13

Capt. Brian Rhodes

Took a trip last month up to the Valdez area to do some bear hunting. Had a great time despite the fact the bears didn't wanna play. I don't think the late spring helped our cause. There was 3-4 feet of snow at sea level in some areas still. However, it gives me a reason to go back!

Here are some images from the trip.

Thanks for looking.

ak.jpg

ak2.jpg

ak3.jpg

ak4.jpg

ak6.jpg

ak7.jpg

ak8.jpg

ak9.jpg

ak10.jpg

ak11.jpg

ak12.jpg

ak13.jpg

ak14.jpg

ak15.jpg

ak16.jpg

ak17.jpg

ak18.jpg

ak19.jpg

ak20.jpg

ak21.jpg

ak22.jpg

ak23.jpg

ak24.jpg

ak25.jpg

ak26.jpg

ak27.jpg

ak28.jpg

ak29.jpg

ak30.jpg

ak31.jpg

ak32.jpg

ak33.jpg

ak34.jpg

ak35.jpg

ak36.jpg

ak37.jpg

ak38.jpg

When I grow up, I want to take pictures like Brian Rhodes!

What is at spectacular little bird with the awesome orange feet?

WOW Brian....you've got some great shots. Looks like it was a very neat time in Alaska. I really like the first whale shot and the one with the sea lions with their noses all up in the air....those are great

Even if you didn't get your bear, all that is certainly something to go back to see

Dani

Brian, I've always been impressed with your photographic skills. These pics are just incredible ! Thank you for sharing.

Ken

Don't think I will ever make it there in person, but I feel like I already have.
Damn, beautiful shots.

Best - Paul

Brian - Beautiful work there. You may not have seen the bears but it looks like you got to see everything else ! Thanks for taking the time to post for us.
sarge

OO!! my!! un-relentless beauty..... lucky fortunate guy......thank you so much....now them is mountains

Sherm...

Thanks for sharing with us. That bull sea lion hasn't missed many meals has he. Cool touch adding those B&W photos.

Tim

Thanks for taking me on that trip back to Alaska. I enjoyed your pics so much, Brian. I assume you were after some brownies.
Al

Brian,
Those photos are outstanding.

I spent a few summers in Cordova (Just south of Valdez) and we had a bear pay us a personal visit.

Crest toothpaste left in a backpack in our tent was all the invitation needed.

The bear ruined the tent, stole the toothpaste and a pair of my good socks too!

Very nice. I've been watching the weather up the and hearing a lot of the same about the late spring. Too bad, that there was soo much snow.

Thanks for putting those shots up! Really gets my pump primed.

T

Thanks for the very kind words guys and gal!

The black bird is a Pigeon Guillemot.

That sea lion was a BOSS.

I was black bear hunting, I don't have the $$$$$$$$ for a brown bear hunt!

Pics don't seem to be working, but here's a link to my FB page if anyone cares to see them.

Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/theswampers

Last edited:
Back