All over but the crying....

As long as I can remember...Every time we are told - Banner Year / Record Duck Production / Get Ready / Plan Trips / Buy More Stuff = A season that usually sucks. In 50 years of waterfowling I have done much better when the "experts" say Low Production, which may lead to lower and restrictive bag limits. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah...

Like calling for a major snow storm and everyone runs to the grocery store. Very good marketing.

When I read record numbers of birds in the magazines, I usualky know I'm in trouble. This year it was more about the fact that we had some water in local wetlands for the first time in 3 years.

Nothing like heading to your blind to pull decoys and see well over a hundred geese come off the water around it.....if it wasn't for bad shooting and dogs leaving the blind while birds are locked up we might have shot a few more than we did.

Even though it was slow I wouldn't trade it for nothing. Where else can a person go to enjoy lukewarm coffee and little donuts? Not to mention many of the worlds problems are solved right there in a duck blind, while enjoying the previously mentioned finer things in life!

The planning has begun for next season.............
I have to agree with Mark, even though it was slow I wouldn't trade it. I will say I brought the donuts but it wasn't my dog running around the blind spooking birds that was another member of our group. My dog wouldn't leave the blind! We need to work on that!...LOL
Like Mark said, already planning for next seasons blinds, boats and dog training!

Yup, I meant "dog" as in not Lucy! LOL

Back