Allumacraft Ducker

Shannon kelly

FANTASTIC boats , light and can haul a ton of gear..as I am never one to" spare the decoy "
I purchased the first one ,got some longer allumacraft oars, loved it so much I got another ...with original shorter oars ...then I acquired a set of matching shorter oars

I passed the longer oars on to another individual in Kentucky...when I was passing through, let me tell you that guy was happy to get the oars , I had cleaned them up to the original bare polished finish . Certain things bring back good memories and for him he was attached to the childhood memories of Wisconsin in his grandfather's Boat ...I remember when he got them he instantly took pictures and started texting and calling family members..it was like he found his lost dog ...I'll never forget it

Anyways , after time it came upon me , who needs two duckers so I let one go with the matching shorter oars ,I was determined it was to go to the "right type" of person like one of "us" here someone ingrained in duck hunting culture

it went to a good friend of mine who wanted it badly , being a avid duck stamp artist and crazed waterfowler ..a match was made ..happy people

Shannon

photo upload site

FANTASTIC boats , light and can haul a ton of gear..as I am never one to" spare the decoy "
I purchased the first one ,got some longer allumacraft oars, loved it so much I got another ...with original shorter oars ...then I acquired a set of matching shorter oars

I passed the longer oars on to another individual in Kentucky...when I was passing through, let me tell you that guy was happy to get the oars , I had cleaned them up to the original bare polished finish . Certain things bring back good memories and for him he was attached to the childhood memories of Wisconsin in his grandfather's Boat ...I remember when he got them he instantly took pictures and started texting and calling family members..it was like he found his lost dog ...I'll never forget it

Anyways , after time it came upon me , who needs two duckers so I let one go with the matching shorter oars ,I was determined it was to go to the "right type" of person like one of "us" here someone ingrained in duck hunting culture

it went to a good friend of mine who wanted it badly , being a avid duck stamp artist and crazed waterfowler ..a match was made ..happy people

Shannon

photo upload site
Those two are fine specimens of the 50's vintage with the welded in spud hole. That spud hole pipe along with the airbox makes this vintage the tougher of the two manufacturing timeframes (50's and then late 60's)

I had one, it was given to me from a local old timer. The stories he could tell me.... it kind of blew my mind as I would think he got himself in some hairy situations. His nuts are obviously bigger than mine when he told me some of the bodies of water he had it on. When I got it, it had leaks in a few places. I use wetlander on all my boats. Its FANTASTIC stuff. Takes a little time to put it on right but I did the entire ducker in wetlander. I used it a couple times, and then one day I came home and it was gone. Nothing else was stolen, but that ducker. I mean it was sitting right next to the bass boat with umpteen thousands of dollars in electronics and gear..... instead they just wanted that re-done ol ducker. Still kind of hurts thinking its gone. Unfortunately, I dont think it was stolen for duck hunting. Being so close to the border, it was perfect for Rio Grande adventures. Wouldnt shock me if it was impounded from illegal usage or flat out gone and destroyed. SOLID SOLID SOLID little boats.

This one-on the shore of a fantastic trout pond, 2.5 miles from the trailhead, and apparently not touched in many years--remains my favorite.18467745709_ca8154419f_c.jpg

Same trip I fished out of this thing--which has since gone the way of all abandoned plastic boats and no longer floats.

18431586220_bd095930ab_c.jpg

Big man in a little boat.
18592485136_1de207a02e_c.jpg

You probably could but there would be no room for decoys ,that dog would be cramped up in there

I've done 2 guys and 6 doz decoys and it was maxed out

Can you fit 2 an a dog in a Ducker?
depends on the size and weight of the people and dog. You could easily put a bag of plastic dekes on the front and back decks. Previous owner of mine rode in it with his dad and brother back when he was a kid.

Back