Andrew, boat building tent construction plans?

Mark Vanderhoof

hi andrew, i remember you talking a long while back about construction plans for a tent structure suitable for boat building. an a-frame structure, company out of maine?? do you have a web link for this by chance? thanks alot, mark

yeah that's it Mark.

Suggest you speak to Dave Morton, he built one about 5 years ago and it's still going strong. He has a stove, etc.... building his second boat in there as we speak.

It's the real deal.

A.

Mark ,

Andrew is right , my bow roof shed has been standing for 4 years now , same plastic on the roof ( poly tarp ) as was on it when i built it , it is showing signs of being repalaced before this winter but stil going strong . I would strongly suggest that you put a florr in yours as i did , my floor is 3/4 plywood over 2x6 stringers or joists 16 inches on center , makes for an awesome platform to work on and keeps alot of cold/moisture out . i actually store the boat in there when not in use , the trailer fits in nicely with the 12 foot wide opening . A word of caution , these sheds can be made 2 feet long or 102 feet long just make sure you can get a poly top that will cover the length and width you need otherwise you will need a couple to cover the frame .good luck you will love it as i do mine .

Dave M

Back