Antler tree is back for 2015.

How old is he? I have a knife over on our classifieds for a young fella, but if he's full sized that one won't do. I have a couple in the works, let me email you a couple of pictures. Mine is yukonmikedecoys@gmail.com.

If you erected it outdoors, you could put an ice candle in the center. Fill a round bucket with fluted sides with water. Set it out to partially freeze. Knock the ice crust out of the top and pour the interior water out. Remove the ice from the bucket and place a large block candle inside the hollow ice shell. We set these out on our deck and driveway edge as votive decorations on the solstice...Alban Arthan celebration!

We can barely get ice to form overnight this year...!

Last edited:
Ya DJ that's the guy I was copying! If I can find a few more this spring maybe my tree will look as good as his next year.

You know Steve, all I did was move the pile from one corner of the room to the other but somehow Jane LOVES it when it looks like a tree. The rest of the year its just a pile in the corner blocking access to the bookshelf. Who reads books anyways?

One idea I might try next year is building it outside and spraying it down with the garden hose. Like this...

View attachment IMG_3375-Edit.jpg

Back