Any Snow Goose reports?

I think you will be fine, if not great on the 13th. If you have the right weather conditions, sun and wind, it could be a barn burner, birds just started to show up last week when the snow pushed the majority back south, the last few days the birds numbers have started to build again. The weather forecast, snow, rain and highs near freezing is looking like it will hold the bulk of these leading edge birds until the middle of next week. Look for Squaw number to easliy double to 1.5 by late next week.
I am leaving Saturday morning for 5 days, and if I could push it a couple days I would as I think it is going to happen later than sooner.

What nice weather? Not too ruin you hunt but I wish you would be too late only because that would mean some warm weather here. :) If the coming storm goes a little south next week they should hold tight.

The geese are going to be a little late moving north this year. Usually about March 5th we start to seeing big flocks but the 10 day forecast for SD doesn't look like anything that will get them moving this far. I think you will be fine unless they head west but nobody can ever predict that. You might be after the peak but last week a lot were talking about geese much farther south so they get strung out a bit.

Good luck, hope it turns out well for you.

Tim

I am going to bed, good day to be a SG hunter here,
Peak in SE Nebraska'
Old school
Set up in MO in the morning
Wish I was 30 again

group from ohio in two fields after three days shot 380 in missouri from wed to friday. anybody hunt with tony toye this year in nw missouri?

Back