Anyone running a Yamaha 25 HP 4 Stroke?

Richard S

I know there are lots of 2 stroke folks on here, but I'm interested in anyone running the new(ish) Yamaha 25 4 stroke and what their thoughts are. It looks like the weight is down to 126 pounds, and according to Yamaha it outperforms their 2 stroke 25. I wish Honda had a 25 with that weight.

I dont own one, but I have several friends that do.And Ive ran them personally. Their acceleration is sluggish and their top end is subpar. If youre running it on a lighter boat you may still be happy with its smooth and reliable performance but is a far cry from what they make it out to be.

Last edited:
jode hillman said:
I dont own one, but I have several friends that do.And Ive ran them personally. Their acceleration is sluggish and their top end is subpar. If youre running it on a lighter boat you may still be happy with its smooth and reliable performance but is a far cry from what they make it out to be.

Well that's disappointing Jode . I was hoping Yamaha solved the problem of finding a lightweight 25hp.

Last edited:
Rod VanZile said:
Just curious, what does a 25 hp Yamaha two stroke weigh? The 4 stroke is only 126 pounds.

RVZ

I think 105 lb LOL

Last edited:
I appreciate the input provided so far. I wanted to mention I've also gotten private messages from a number of folks that are using this motor and had positive things to say.

Richard S said:
I appreciate the input provided so far. I wanted to mention I've also gotten private messages from a number of folks that are using this motor and had positive things to say.
m
They are good motors. I?m not denying that. But I have at least two friends that have sold them after a year of use being disappointed with their overall performance compared to a two-stroke.

They are quieter, run smoother, and are easier to start in cold weather. But the overall top end performance, and hole shot is just not there

Back