Anyone with heated vest experience?

Ed L.

Supporter
My wife sent me an email today with a link to a battery powered heated vest and asked if that would be something I'd like for Christmas. I have looked at some in catalogs in the past but due to the cost factor never really considered one. It would be nice to loose a sweat shirt or two during late season bow hunting. Any thoughts, reviews, suggestions or recommendations?

My wife sent me an email today with a link to a battery powered heated vest and asked if that would be something I'd like for Christmas. I have looked at some in catalogs in the past but due to the cost factor never really considered one. It would be nice to loose a sweat shirt or two during late season bow hunting. Any thoughts, reviews, suggestions or recommendations?

I didn't know this was a thing! Let us know how it works.

That looks good. Although I think the batteries are sold separate. The idea is starting to sound really appealing especially for my daughter. I wonder if they would short out if you were to fall in the water?

It claims waterproof and sealed. I'm pretty sure it comes with one battery. I may have to clarify that. The batteries are cheaper on the Gerbings website.

I have the second version of the Milwaukee jacket. Been overall satisfied with it. On the down side the pocket where the battery goes the stichting all ripped out and the battery hung out, until my mother in law sewed it up for me. On the up side, on low heat the batteries seem to last about half a day and high is just hot. My wife has worn it on outings several times and she too has been very happy with it. The heating elements are on the middle of the back and each side of the chest. I wear it more for work than for hunting.
On a tangent note, I bought Cabala's heated gloves last year after hunting season. Worn them while snowblowing and they were warm and water proof. Will be wearing them hunting this weekend. Still not sure how well my tigger finger will fit in the guard.

Purchased a craftsman heated jacket for a great price last year, one of the perks of having a friend who works at sears, and I love it. It has a few different temperature selections, so it works great from a variety of temperature ranges. Very convenient due to the fewer articles of clothing I need to wear in the winter time. Would definitely look into getting one.

we use the heated back rest pads in our layout blinds and they make a big difference keeps your upper body warm and back feels good and wow I guess I am not quite as young as I cant just lay in a cold frozen field any more, get the vest ed you will like it

Hi Ed I just deer hunted this past weekend with 3 friends that have the same exact vests that you are looking at (gerbring) and swear by them they love them all weekend they tried to convince me to get one I don't think you will regret it plus if you get xtra batteries you can be warm all day

Phil- that will just keep you awake, lol.

It just started getting cold here and I'm already dreaming of Florida, no need for electric garments there.

Ed,
Check out this link.
http://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbings-heated-clothing-store.html

I like the heated pad for the layout blind....seems like it would be nice in my BBSB.

They have vest, jackets, gloves, socks etc.

Zane

Chris,

Florida is a blast and my wife wants to retire there which I'll bet we do but don't kid yourself. You will want all your northern clothes in Florida. First your body will get acclimated to the climate and believe me you will get cold. It's a bone chilling cold! It's hard to explain but the first time I hunted Florida I was invited by John Hitchcock. He told me to bring my normal gear. I did while kind of chuckling to myself. Boy was I glad I did. It has to have something to do with the humidity. I started shivering like I never have living up here and it took a long time to stop. Then my brand new Remington jammed with every shot. I couldn't believe it. I would have to pull the barrel off and shove a stick down the barrel to get the spent shell out. That gun has never jammed on me before or since. Maybe it was bad JuJu. Then as soon as the sun comes up you'll be looking for a dry place to throw all that heavy clothing and looking for the Deet!

Zane,

Looks like I may have to buy myself a present this year. I had no idea there were so many options.

Paul,

I just got a text that I have a vest and an extra battery on its way for Christmas.

Everybody, thanks for the input. I'll let you know if this one works.

Back