Aquapod OR Hellbender

BJoyce

Looking to buy 2 10 footers

Does anyone have experience with both? Trying to decide on which make to go with. Stability is a big factor

I stand and pole my 10' hellbender for hours on end. Never felt even slightly tippy. The bottom has a slight reverse bow that sticks to the water. How big are you? I'd say the 10' pod is better suited if your 200+, if not I'd go with the 10 hellbender

Last edited:
HELLBENDER HANDS DOWN!!! (caps intentional to make a point)....

Where are you located...might be someone close enough to you so that you could try one.....

Steve

I'm in south jersey. I'm buying 2.....one for me and one for my 12 yr old....he's an experienced kayaker/hunter.

Going to use them for the hard to reach places. I want to be able to grass it up and hunt out of it as well.

I'd recommend the 12' myself but I'm over 6' and use cork decoys and hunt with a dog and can't seem to leave I h of anything I own at home when I hunt...not that much more at and more room to comfortably lay out in.....

Steve

The site is all jacked up but it isn't entirely down. In August my site that had worked fine for 5+ years fell apart and pictures disappeared.(No response from host server so I quit trying.) All the info and specs are still there. I am super busy seasonally so I'll get it fixed up after duck season. Meanwhile, email or call and I can answer questions or send pics.

Thanks for the comments guys and text Steve. Stability, lightweight, and quality made, one at a a time boats is the reason I'm so busy every Autumn. The boats sell via word of mouth based on their value/utility to duck hunters. I am biased but if there was a side by side, objective comparison of all the 10' & 12' boats out there comparing cost, weight, stealth, stability, toughness, tracking, and intangibles I think there'd be an easy consensus about what's the best overall option. Like I said, take that with a grain of salt. I have a bias.

I haven't tried the aquapod but I've tried the 10' and 12' . I'm 5'6" and prefer the 12'. The 10' is certainly useable and I wouldn't turn one down if it was given to me, but it's easier to hunt the 12' with a dog and still carry decoys

Thanks everyone for the feedback and info.

Jode I may take you up on that if I can find a hole in my work schedule

Brian,

I have an Aquapod, MarshRat and the new DuckBoss DB10. You are welcome to try those out to see what you like

I'm bias but I own (4) four pods.

(2) two 8' footers & (2) two 10' footers

The (2) two 10' footers I've owned for (15) fifteen years and other than touch up paint, I can't kill them.

I use them all for my business (10's are my go-to's) & not shy about dragging them in & out of the airboat or up & over levees.

We applied Frog Spit to the bottoms so then glide overtop the hydrilla.

I owned a HB & have nothing bad to say about them.

The pods are USCG rated/tested with the bow & stern filled with foam & are even placard.

With the business, this is the most important factor I had to take into consideration.

Good Luck!!!

Brian,

I have an Aquapod, MarshRat and the new DuckBoss DB10. You are welcome to try those out to see what you like

Mike could you post a picture with them all side by side. I'd love to see a comparison. I've also never seen a db10 and couldn't find a picture in my Google searches

Funny I was just looking into the duck boss 10 and came up blank. There's one for sale locally and the seller emailed me pictures. If you'd like to pm me your email address I can forward them to you. Can't get them to post here.

I haven't had time to put pics of the Duck Boss new 10ft. marsh boat on my web site. If you go to the Duck Boss facebook there is a video of it on the water from this years Tuckerton Show. One of the guys that bought two of them wanted to try it out first. The guy in the video went out second with his dog.

I have a 10' aquapod you can test out to get a feel for. Also located in south jersey. Absolutely love it, luckily found it used for sale and will never sell it.
Just let me know if you'd like to take it for a spin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another option for you is The Creek Boats.

http://www.creekboats.com/greentop_m98.htm

One of my guides won one at a DU event last year & we all are very impressed with its performance.

Light, roto-molded & inexpensive.

Weight is always a big factor on the airboats & these things are 1/2 the weight of the pods.

After the season I'm selling my 8' footers & purchasing (2) two of the Creeks.

Back