Bass Pro 50th Anniversary Sale Fraud

Carl

Staff member
Be careful, there is a fraudulent Bass Pro 50th Anniversary sale fraud going on. The page looks just like bass pro, start to finish. But it’s not.
Hate to say it, but it fooled me. My CC company is waiving the small amount I spent. And now I’m having to keep an eye on my CC account every day. Probably have to close the account and get a new card.
I’m reading online that some people have lost hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Carl

This stuff really pisses me off. Until the US makes cyber crime a priority and dedicates massive resources to catch and prosecute criminals while influencing foreign nations, e.g. Russia, China, India, to do the same, this will be the new norm. With elderly and challenged more susceptible, these low-life criminals pick on the weakest in our society. The rest of us foot the bill for it too. Has there ever been a time in history where crime was more rampant? Think of the daily attempts daily to scam people. We live in a time where crime pays.

Hate that for you. Glad you got it resolved.
Luckily I’ve sworn off Bass Pro after my dealings with the tracker / atv department.

Bass Pro will not ever get .01 of mine ever again and I truly hope one of the higher ups reads this page

Last edited:
Eric,

The US is making cyber crime a priority. The issue is the criminals are operating from areas outside US jurisdiction. We have Advanced Persistent Threats from countries like Iran, Russia, North Korean and China. There is also the rise of quantum computing putting cryptography at risk. With sites requiring 2 factor authentication if you loose access to your phone you loose online access to your accounts. I have switched back to paper bills for this reason.

Rick

Eric,

The US is making cyber crime a priority. The issue is the criminals are operating from areas outside US jurisdiction. We have Advanced Persistent Threats from countries like Iran, Russia, North Korean and China. There is also the rise of quantum computing putting cryptography at risk. With sites requiring 2 factor authentication if you loose access to your phone you loose online access to your accounts. I have switched back to paper bills for this reason.

Rick
Yes and no. Industry and gov do safeguard their data and individuals have means of hardening their devices against cybercrime. But they are hardly pursuing criminal scammers. The prosecution rate is so low it serves as no deterrent. Most efforts are like putting on armor. Something heavy and taxing. I'd rather they take out those shooting arrows at us. As for a lot of it emanating from foreign countries that certainly is the case, but our federal gov has not even begun to apply pressure to the countries that harbor these criminals. If I'm wrong show me. All of it is left up to the individual and the associated costs are huge and passed on to the consumer. That bogus charge on Carl's CC isn't paid for by the CC company. You and every one of us pays. Moreso, a lot of scamming isn't protected. I know of several elderly people who were scammed out of 6 digit sums. That money is gone law enforcement did nothing but file a report. The scammers are craftier than law enforcement.

Yes and no. Industry and gov do safeguard their data and individuals have means of hardening their devices against cybercrime. But they are hardly pursuing criminal scammers. The prosecution rate is so low it serves as no deterrent. Most efforts are like putting on armor. Something heavy and taxing. I'd rather they take out those shooting arrows at us. As for a lot of it emanating from foreign countries that certainly is the case, but our federal gov has not even begun to apply pressure to the countries that harbor these criminals. If I'm wrong show me. All of it is left up to the individual and the associated costs are huge and passed on to the consumer. That bogus charge on Carl's CC isn't paid for by the CC company. You and every one of us pays. Moreso, a lot of scamming isn't protected. I know of several elderly people who were scammed out of 6 digit sums. That money is gone law enforcement did nothing but file a report. The scammers are craftier than law enforcement.
Totally agree. In the wake of the SolarWinds hack the White House issued Executive Order 14028. I agree about adding the armor. My experience with property crimes is police do not have the resources and just issue a police report for you to provide to your insurance company. Crime impacts everyone. It is a multi-faceted issue with no simple answers.

All the CC's do is reverse the charge and the store that accepted the card is left with the loss.

Rick

Be careful, there is a fraudulent Bass Pro 50th Anniversary sale fraud going on. The page looks just like bass pro, start to finish. But it’s not.
Hate to say it, but it fooled me. My CC company is waiving the small amount I spent. And now I’m having to keep an eye on my CC account every day. Probably have to close the account and get a new card.
I’m reading online that some people have lost hundreds or thousands of dollars.
Carl,
There's so much of this happening these days. It pisses me off too! I hope you don't have any problems. I almost fell for one of those sales activities with Sweetwater music recently. Before I pulled the trigger I contacted the company and glad I did. It sure looked legitimate in the sales info.

Back