BBSB,rase

perry

Would like to have a BBSB race spring or late summer any takers,I think Bill Wasson has allready signed up, Would have to come up with rules etc. best, Bill

This rule comes to mind----THE TOWING VEHICLE MUST NOT HAVE MORE THAN 300 HP.
WHERE WOULD THIS TAKE PLACE?
FAIR WINDS
3Dogs

I can't come because I don't have it built yet, so

Take lots of pictures
The first Annual
The Great North American BBSB Championships

Maybe Budweiser will be a sponser.

It will be on ESPN

When you get snowed in your imagination works over time. but I don't think about eating people. Hee hee

likely only to be used by "terrorists" who would be up to no good....I can see no use for boats of this type and think that any type of boat that isn'thte type of boat that I favor should be "banned".

Thank you for providing a new home for the "Jim Zumbo BLOG".

Regards,

Jim Zumbo
formerly of Outdoor Life
formerly a TV hunting personality
formerly sponsered by Cabela's, (and others)

After further thought, maybe you should race three heats. 1 under sail, 1 under power and 1 rowing.

If it is in driving distance I'll be glad to cook a few dozen fish and bring a case of the cold stuff.

Best,
Harry

Would there be west coast, east coast qualifiers for a national race? Say everyone meet in Kansas and let Dorothy be the flag girl?

Some of us know that Bill is planning to build a lapstrake Melonseed,which he may sneak (Pun intended)into the BBSB race.There is a method to this Maine-e-acks madnes.He He
3Dogs

biddeford \ University of New England is about an 9hr drive for me, but thats cool i know some people up there

the one that Tod and I won was in 2002...

I know that in 2001 I had a detached retina and competited only in the unofficail Lobster eating contest and hadn't remembered going to the park on the lake but the one time....

Steve

Wonder if my Broadbill counts as a BBSB? If so, I got you all beat hands down.

Clocked it in 2000 on pool 9 of the ol' Miss at 43MPH (yes, MPH not Knots) before I changed the prop. That's right, 43 with a Honda 15HP (and nothing else in the boat). That prop was a dog with any type of load in the boat but it left you picking bugs out of your teeth if the boat was empty.

Then I decided I needed to get a gun, some ammo, and a few dozen decoys in the boat. Had to change the prop if I wanted to get up on plane in a football field length or two. Then it was back to the 26-28 MPH everyone else was doing. Damn . . .

It was fun being the king of the hill for a while . . .Wonder where I stuck that old prop . . .Then again, I'm getting older, and now I'm not sure why anyone would want to go fast in a duckboat anyway . . .

Regards,

Jim

WELL . . .There's a small issue of ICE right now . . .although they did take all the perminant ice houses off the river March 1 . . .WISCONSIN, Southwest Wisconsin! probably will have open water in a few weeks . . .

Jim

Back