beavertail final attack question

keith

so im a auto tech and dont make alot of money and i wana layout hunt. my question is if i got a beavertail final attack and painted it gray could i use it to layout hunt in bays of lakes bays that the water wont get to choppy in and would this even be safe to try.

Keith,
Only you can decide depending on what the conditions will be where you're planning on using this "novelty" boat. "Laying out" for puddlers in very small, sheltered water? Thinking divers on bigger water? Just dragging it to the edge of a pond? Using a tender to get it where you're going? Planning on deploying more than 1/2 dozen decoys? Seems to me it gets crossed right off most lists as it would be limited to no more more than the most moderate conditions - or distances over water one might want to travel. I'd pass and look for something a bit more stable, or save my $$ and watch the local classifieds.

Keith,

I have a final attack and I love it, in the right conditions. Most of my hunting is in either knee deep flooded fields or back water sloughs. I have used a pole when having to move but it doesn't paddle worth a dang. I have a small trolling motor that I have used before but the battery gets in the way. I wouldn't use it in the way that you asked about but would take Bob's advice and watch all the different classifieds. Just my .02 cents but pm me if you have any other questions.

Neil

I plan to hunt divers in bays of large lakes like the finger lakes of ny. and use a tender boat and hunt over about2-3 dozen diver decoys the water will be I'm gussing between 4-15 feet at most prob only in reality hunt water 4-9. Feet

Back