Benelli M90 misfire in cold weather

Nothing a sure cycle won't fix

One thing for sure, if you ever open the bolt a little to see if you've got a shell in and close it back by hand, you are asking for that benelli "click". Always let that thing slam shut with the bolt release.

You may have over oiled it or just some frozen water in the pin. My nova will do that when it is really cold

What Matt wrote about the" Benelli Click" is spot on, especially with the older guns. I've read that it is not a problem with the brand new guns. I like my old M1 just fine. I know it's quirks and it knows mine.

As for the 1100 versus the 11-87. I have owned both and the 1100 is far superior in every way in my experience. When the 1100's were the must have guns for skeet. The saying was "They're made from Prince Albert cans but they sure do work", and they still do. Not many sit on used gun racks for very long, and the new ones have a hefty price indeed.

Same here and been shootin this m-2 since first year they were introduced. Didn,t clean recoil spring and tube for first 3 years just to see how long it would go before causeing issues. Never did but decided that torture test was long enough. As posted before I normally clean it now about 2 year mark. Blow out receiver and trigger group w air and light swipe of breakfree on rails and she keeps ticking. When new I weekly shot sporting clays and five stand w gun so it was getting a lot of shells shot annually. Anymore its about 2 caases each year. If I constantly hunted salt and rain i,d clean annually to be on safe side though.

G96 introduced a new product late in 2016. Its called RFG Grease which stands for "Rapid Fire Gun Grease." I just bought some. I figured if the US Armed Services are having success with it, I should not experience any more freeze-ups with my Benelli SBE2 12 gauge. I'll keep you all appraised after I have the gun "professionally" cleaned by my waterfowl hunting partner.

Last edited:
Back