Black T gun finish

Capt. John

Has anyone had this done to there shotgun? I was looking at it for my Remington SP-10. I was also considering Gander mountains camo job. Pros-cons, anyone? No one I know has had either done but they both look good. I hunt saltwater so I'm loking for the best salt resistant coating. Thank you in advance
John Ven Huizen

I've never seen what you are talking about but I hunt the salt often and beat on my 870's. I use ALUMAHYDE 2 spray paint from Brownells on all exterior metal parts on a couple guns of mine. Its cheap and quick, and stands up pretty good for a season or two hunting everyday. Good luck.

I had Gander Mountain T Coat my Browning Citori and when I came to pick it up the gunsmith said, "Dang ... you just cost me another $200. That gun looks unbelievable!" After one year of hunting it, I'm pretty satisfied. Some wear is showing on the end of the barrels where dirt and grime tend to "work" on the gun when I'm taking it in and out of its case. Gander Mountain did a really good job on the process. Every part of the gun was taken down and coated (save the forearm and the stock). They even repainted the recessed "S" and "O" / "U" markings. I'd recommend them!

Thank you very much for that feedback, I was really hoping that it was as good as it looks. I thought Gander Mountain would do a good job, Past experiances I've had with them have been great, buying guns and stuff like that. Thanks.
John

Capt. John,
I've got a remington 11-87 premier that got a little beat up by the salt marshes I hunt. I sent it out to be camo dipped and I couldn't be happier. The finish has been on the gun for several years now and held up great. Except for a small scratch on the receiver which occurred upstate on a rock the finish is still flawless. All the parts of the gun that were covered are now rust-proof and the finish hasn't faded either. The only draw back, if you want to call it that, is having the finish makes me lazy about cleaning it after a hunt because I know it'll stand up to the abuse. Oh, it cost me $200 to have the job done and it's worth every penny. Hope this helps.....Chris

Back