Blind Bag what do you use

I use a 7 gallon bucket with a cushined spin top, a bit taller than the 5, I put a peg board bottom 1/2 inch above the bottom with a divider about 4 inches from the top. been using it for about 7 years , when the bottom starts to leak I take out the divider and put it in a new one

i have an old cabelas blind bag with old school duck camo on it and then for my shells i use a marine corps hygene bag works great pluss with the rubber coating on inside its water proof

Pat
I have a fancy one, many pockets, water proof but still not as handy as the wooden duck boat box, covered with canvas made by my dad back in the 40's. I think we tend to get too fancy with our gear and lose our sense of simple function. What do you think?
wis boz

Drake blind bag. Plenty of room, lots of pockets, takes a lot of abuse, has never ripped or leaked yet. Had it for about 4 years...very happy.

dc

Pat
I have a fancy one, many pockets, water proof but still not as handy as the wooden duck boat box, covered with canvas made by my dad back in the 40's. I think we tend to get too fancy with our gear and lose our sense of simple function. What do you think?
wis boz
Would love to see some pictures of that box, and maybe some basic dimensions?

Sounds like a nice winter project.....

Dave
I'll email a picture and the dimensions to you. Its funny, the fancy duck blind bag I have is made by Jansport and the last time I used it was hunting with a guide and my son on Pool 9. Fumbling around in all the pockets while hunting, my wedding ring, unnoticed by me, came off in one of the pockets. I found it days later thankfully. :)
Jim Sr

Mud Buddy makes a bag that has a attachment clips. I have it mounted inside the boat for the trip to the blind and unclip it to carry it into the blind. It also has a shoulder carrying strap and has plenty of room to carry several boxes of shells, snacks, whatever. I've had mine for a couple of years. It's been real handy.

Pat, the bag I use mostly is from Flambeau (sp?). What I like about it is that it has a rigid/tray bottom so it won't soak water up through the bottom. It is foam padded so it maintains its shape somewhat. It has 3 external pockets, the side pockets zip, the front pocket buckles. The zippers are a PITA in the cold, but I put stuff in them I don't have to use much. Overall I like it, but it could be just a little larger, but not much... just a little larger would allow me to be better organized with what I bring, I don't really need to bring any more.

Last edited:
A shoulder bag,I use to carry a larger blind bag but found that I was dragging around to much stuff that I didn't use.

I've been doing a lot of walk-in hunting the last 4 seasons while living here in KS, and I've slimmed down the gear I take to pretty much the bare minimum. I keep all the stuff in a small avery shoulder bag that I got for $10 at Cabelas a few years ago. It's not waterproof, although it is somewhat resistant. I just put a 1 gallon zip loc inside it and keep stuff that needs to be dry in that while wet gloves can go outside of the ziploc. If I end up not near dry ground, I just cinch it up so the bag is on my back and never even notice it's there.

I use a very old Cabelas bag, that replaced my even old Eddie Bauer bag. In my double end marsh boat I also use a gunning box, that also holds my "Shoot Gun" in a safe, and ready position.

I have been using an LLBean bling bag. I think they called it the FlyWay bag or something like that. I like it. My son has the small Avery bag that looks like a mini brief case. Both serve us well. Mine doubles as the lunch box.

A friend uses one of the Plano plastic ammo boxes. That seems to work really well for him. It easily doubles as something to sit on when we walk in.

Back