Blind Bag what do you use

Looking for a new one and need some idea,s what do you like

McMaster Carr: UN-Compliant Plastic Shipping Pail, Round, 5 Gallon Capacity. How is that for an idea? Not even a bag :). 100% waterproof and has served me well, after a camo job.

Last edited:
Cabelas medium bag. Bought one years ago and still holds up. Many pockets to hold all of your small items separate. Good pockets for your extra gloves etc. Remember, the larger the bag the more stuff you carry. Had 4 boxes of shells one time???

I use the same thing (Plano ammo box) for any boat hunts - I have a nice old Brady bag (expensive, from England) for walk-ins.

The spackle bucket with a lid is very handy for boats or even walk-ins where you sit up.

SJS

Todd i used to use a green plastic pickle bucket but every time i opened it up the smell made me want something to eat

Todd i used to use a green plastic pickle bucket but every time i opened it up the smell made me want something to eat

YUM! My bucket just smells like plastic :(.

Good ol Avery man purse holds facemask gloves lanyard 2 boxes of shells. license, leatherman, lighter, twine, pen in front zip pocket

I've had a Drake shoulder bag for 4 years now and it's served me well. This year I had to silicone the seams on the bottom to keep them from leaking but other than that it's held up OK. If I was a rich man I would get one of those Filson waxed canvas and leather messenger bags, that would last you forever and you'd be hunting in style!

Same here. My stuff got wet in every blind bag I ever had and the worst were the avery type with the U shaped zipper up top. Now I use a camo plastic ammo box and everything stays dry and the big plus is I am only allowed to take as much stuff as can fit inside it. Even have a smaller thermos that fits inside.

I just bought the Drake floating blind bag this year. I bought the smaller one. But it is roomy. It carries 2 boxes of shells, xtra gloves, head lamp, snacks, etc. and has pockets for other stuff. Plus now it's on sale..

I use an old plastic plano ammo box. I bought a Redhead blind bag with a gift certificate once, and that was the only reason.... and it was the biggest piece of junk after the first weekend of using it. Not that I expected it to be waterproof, but atleast somewhat water resistant which it wasn't, velcro tore easily off one section, I use it for trips to the rifle range now.

I am honestly thinking about getting one of those Engel Drybox/coolers. You can get them fairly cheap on line $40-60 bucks depending on size. Waterproof, float, all that stuff and can have a cooler for the rest of the year. Plus the 30qt is big enough to sit on for most people. I came across them on a kayak forum to be used mainly as dryboxes.

Last edited:
I use a dutch military surplus rubber bag. If you gurggle it you will find them. They are the perfect size for a couple boxes of shells, gloves, thermos, lunch etc. The best part of this bag is I purchased a few of them for $5 each. They will keep your gear dry sitting in a wet boat or blind and they are cheap. I've tried em all and have quite a collection of others, but this is my go to.

View attachment dutch-milsurp-rubberbags.jpg

Back