Boat ID

I would swear it is a butterfly sailboat hull that has been modified. The bow looks like a scow. Any clues as to dimensions?

yep, it's a fiberdome. Here's a picture from the boat list

bluebill.jpg

Looks to be a displacement hull and not a planing hull. You can tell by looking at the side and how the shape goes from the middle to the back. It curves up instead of straight back.

Fiberdome it is. I have the same boat. I run it with a 4hp - it's a displacment hull - slow but very stable and hides well too.
Very light weight without gear and the motor - pretty easy to drag into a remote spot. I have hunted it with two guns and a dog but it's a little tight. Better with just one guy / dog. For $300 I would go for it- it looks like it's in pretty good shape.
Good luck!

DSC04524.jpg

I have a buddy with the same boat. For $300 I'd get one. That being said, it would depend on your plan for it. They aren't meant for rough water. The decks are pretty low and my buddy swamped his a couple years ago (he had 2 guys and 3 dogs in it, which is a LOT when you consider how dogs move around in a boat). He runs a 9hp on his. As Tom said, it's a great boat for 1 guy/1 dog in protected waters.

Scott

We hunt the backwaters on pool 8 and 9 rough waters not a problem.All my other boats are planing hulls' so slow will be new to me.Was thinking about strapping a old 9.9 on it . A 9' cockpit is longer than my other boats seems like it would be roomy. But if you guys think it's worth it i'll pick it up . thanks

Back