Boat trading/selling done with BIG surprise ending

Hey guys I think I ve gotten the boat selling and trading all done now...2 weeks till the big move. I ended up selling this one pending on 2nd half of payment and pick up. I sold it to a guy who had helped me load it one windy afternoon last season. He had been looking at boats all winter after seeing mine since he was tired of his big boat, saw is on Craigslist and could believe it.

IMG_0659.jpg

This one a friend of mine who grew up on Long Island NY but now lives in Ankeny IA has 2 boys that are getting old enough to start hunting, He had a 1991 14ft TDB classic that he bought new which is too small for him,the boys, and dog. We have hunted together in both boats so after a 30 min conversation we decided to make a trade. So his boat is headed back to the East Coast.

I traded this....

IMG_0652.jpg

for this...

IMG_0764.jpg

The surprise came after we had spent a couple of hours showing each other the ins and outs of each others boats along with me telling him all my good hunting spots since I wont be hunting them anymore. He looked at me and says "hey follow me I got something for you to take out east", we go down to his basement and he pulls down this box from some shelfs opens it up and it full of corkers. Told me to take them with me and and shoot some ducks since they have just been boxed up since he moved from there. Told him I would send him pics next season!!

IMG_0765.jpg

Hopefully some of you can show me how to use them out there on the coast. LOL

Last edited:
Cool trade! Those Black ducks look like Al Mc Cormack decoys....nice. I think maybe the mallards too....

That rig, boat and blocks, will serve you well in the salt marsh. You'll be gunning out of before you know it!

Best of luck on the move.

Gene

YEP those are definately Al McCormack blacks. Those things are like bricks!! haha. I love mine. They are just about as sturdy as you'll ever find.

Last edited:
Talked to my buddy tonight and those are Al McCormack's, he couldnt remember who made the teal tho. Looking forward to trying this new rig in the fall, will be different hunting out there compared to Iowa got alot of learning to do. Planning on giving the boat a new paint job and grass rails, along with some new wiring. I got the canvas blind to go with it as well, needs wetted down and stretched out because it has shrunk a bit. Also has a 2in tear on one of the corners that I will have to have sewn up. Do you guys know of anyone around Philly that can fix it?

That will be a great setup for NJ. I think it's one of the more versatile boats if you plan on hunting from inland to the coast. Congrats on the deeks! Half the fun of deeks is the story behind them enjoy!

IF THOSE ARE MCCORMACK DECOYS PUT THEM AWAY .THEY WILL PAY FOR THAT COLLEGE FOR YOUR KIDS. THOSE DECOYS GETING HARD TO FIND.

Back