Browning Gold

Been using one for years, and love it.

Use it for waterfowl and turkey hunting with various loads with no problem, it does like the light target loads at the skeet range.

Joe,

I've got a Gold 10 gauge, with a Clearwater choke in it and and I love it! It's a heavy gun, but never jams or misfires. Also have a S & W Super 1000 Waterfowler. This was a later version that S & W came out with, that has factory tubes in it. Another great gun.

Art

ive shot a gold 3.5 12 gauge for 9 years now and put AT LEAST 2 cases through it a year. What i can tell you is with a patternmaster choke and slower speed steel it will shoot as well as any gun on the market.
Mine will ocassionaly jam though. Its never been anything more then not chambering the next shell completely and i believe its due to the way the action slides on the reciever in two tracks along the bottom creating resistance. I try to be sure i have some grease in those tracks before i take it out and dont have any problems but if you shoot it on 3-4 hunts without breaking it down and greasing it up it will do that occasionally.

On another note it is not a bennelli and never will be but ive always been partial to browning. I believe bennelli makes a better shotgun but i paid $700 out the door (after a browning $100 rebate) for a 28" 3.5 Gold hunter brand new on the shelf when i bought it. I want to say the bennelli's were still in the $1200 range at that time and now im seeing them for $17-1800 which is stupid. I tried to buy an 03' model SBE 1 this summer off a guy and he wanted $1200 firm for it and wouldnt budge cause he told me he could get that for it. Im not paying that for a shotgun. I think you will be happy with a browning.

Have had 2 close firends with these guns. Neither gun runs consistently and the older of the 2 guns is simply not worth taking out of the safe. The older Gold owner has just bought a Silver to replace the Gold...though he kept the Gold as it was the first gun he ever bought. He will turkey hunt the Gold, and duck hunt the Silver.

Hutch

I have a stalker 3.5" and it has worked well with Winchester Supreme, FastSteel, and Challenger ammo. Have had some jamming with HeviMetal

good gun have a 10 and 12 only problem i ever had was cycling spring put in shure cycle stainless steel never skip a beat

Back