Cabela's costumer service

LI Mike

Well I just had to tell the masses! Right now I am so proud of Cabelas. I purchased a pair of 1600 waders in March of 2009 and this past season they sprung a leak. So two seasons of minimal use (its been slow so perhaps 15 uses) and good care I expected more from my 199.99 dollar waders. So with my complaints falling on deaf ears (wife) I decided to call cabelas and explain to them my issue and the fact that my last pair had lasted me 11 years and I was dissatisfied with this purchase. Without delay the customer service rep told me she would send out postage and gave me the info I needed and would give me a full refund. Very happy with my Cabelas Worlds Foremost Outfitter!

Mike,
I have had a similar experiance with my breathables from Cabelas. They leaked after one season and I was really bummed. I took them back to the store and they gave me store credit for the most recent sale price they had run on them. So I may have lost 20$ in the deal. I used the credit on a some 5mm neo waders. Wish I would have bought breathables again but I really needed some warm waders at the time. Still am getting by without the breathables.

Can't say enough good tings about Cabelas Customer Service. I had an idenical thing happen with my 1600 Waders. The rubber cracked across te heel of the boot after 3 seasons, they repaced them without any questions. Cudo's for Cabelas

I agree their customer service is very good. I had the 1600 gram waders also and they replaced them 3 times this past season.

Yup me too i have the zipper front waders in big boy size and after 2 years the zipper failed and i sent them back and wala brand new pair i still have .

on another note a bad experiance ,when cabelas took over the S.I.R company outwest i had ordered on sale on the net 6 goose butts,all i can say when i make my orders i specify if it comes from the canadian store i will refuse to pay ...i still have a sour taste in my mouth over it...

I do all my cabelas shopping from good ol`us of a ,they have super costumer service...

all i can figure is maybe i got an ex employee from the SIR company who was pissed at the take over ????

The nothing Butt the Butt story...

$8.99 per butt was to good to be true ,they were very poor quality, Sir sticker still on them.they dont float right at all,there was sand inside the upper cavity ,i had to drill a hole and get it out,i then had to fill the bottom section the keel with lead shot in order for them to sit right in the water...not to mention they tried to ding me for shipping 2x`s because they didnt send them all in one box as they some how were out of them when the site said they were in stock...they sent me a 50 dollar gift card ..to apease me... im a peased to this day will not order anything thru cabelas canada....

I love Cabelas because I get a new pair of waders every year!

That is truly the only reason I buy their waders. No matter what they will replace them.

2 season ago I took in my second leaky pair during the first month of duck season. I actually went right to the store after hunting and my right leg was froze. Put them on the counter wet, muddy and with empties in the pockets. They still took them back, but the lady made me put them in a plastic bag before she would touch them ;). I exchanged the waders for the new brushbuster Cabelas waders and will never look back at neoprene.

All you Cabela fans; it's nice that you praise their customer service on leaky boots but why not try a different brand that lasts longer? Just my 02 cents.:)
wis boz
(just thought I'd stir things up this morning)

I live about 12 miles from a Cabela's and shop there first. Part of the reason is that I have one of their club Cards and use it for everything. BUT another reason is the customer service which is as good as everyone has said. The flip side is that I have had stuff back to the return counter within an hour. Some of their stuff is shameful quality, buyer beware. Name brand stuff is all good and they do stand behind everything.

Not quite the experience that I had. I had a pair of 6 month old DRAKE waders blow the crotch out. I brought them back to the store and could not get a refund. They reluctantly gave me store credit that I didn't need at the time and flagged my account for future returns.

All you Cabela fans; it's nice that you praise their customer service on leaky boots but why not try a different brand that lasts longer? Just my 02 cents.:)
wis boz

Good point Jim, the happy customer who walks out with a new set of waders (year after year) doesn't realize that we (all Cabela's customers) are paying for his replacement set(s). I agree if a seam fails right away, they should do the honorable thing and replace it. However, if I was getting wet year after year, I think I'd be shopping for a different brand. For the record, I have a pair of Cabelas waders that are still good after two seasons of use. I personally don't think I'd feel right returning them if they start to leak this fall.

Chuck

Not quite the experience that I had. I had a pair of 6 month old DRAKE waders blow the crotch out. I brought them back to the store and could not get a refund. They reluctantly gave me store credit that I didn't need at the time and flagged my account for future returns.

Reason behind this is because it was not a Cabelas branded product. Cabelas hold a lifetime warranty against factory defects for products with their name on it.

One way I stop the leaky seams is when the waders are brand new I go over all the crotch seems with aqua seal. I do this when they are brand new cuz the seal is the best. They hold very well I never had a leak along the seams in my waders. Just an idea. And like chuck said that's why the 1600 mags are not 199.99 anymore we all pay for it in the long run

wis boz

Because neoprne is neoprene. I've heard complaints from every single brand of waders why not get the brand that you know will be replaced if they fail?

I had a pair of neoprenes that I bought from them. They leaked on the third year and when I called them about it, They said for me to send them back for a credit. So I did and turned around and bought their high end breathable unisulated waders. Since I agree with the sentiment that neoprene is neoprene, and that they are going to leak eventually, I figured I would go the other way and get some thing non-neoprene and wear more clothes under them. So far, I think I've made a good choice. And mind you I hunt in northern Vt, right till the bitter end of the season. You might want to try a pair. I've had mine I think 3 years now and still no leaks.

John Bourbon

wis boz

Because neoprne is neoprene. I've heard complaints from every single brand of waders why not get the brand that you know will be replaced if they fail?

I wonder what the real cost would be to manfacture, market, package and ship a pair of waders to your door would be if they didn't have such an extreme replacement policy???

wis boz

I wonder what the real cost would be to manfacture, market, package and ship a pair of waders to your door would be if they didn't have such an extreme replacement policy???

Cabelas camo 5mm with 800 gram boots are $169.99. Cant find 5mm much cheaper than that. They only return if it is Cabelas brand. I do see your point on after af ew years there should be a line drawn on returning. This is part of the reason I switched away from neoprene. No problems with the brushbusters yet, and I can walk through flooded timber areas without need to prance around sticks that tear neoprene.

I had a pair of neoprenes that I bought from them. They leaked on the third year and when I called them about it, They said for me to send them back for a credit. So I did and turned around and bought their high end breathable unisulated waders. Since I agree with the sentiment that neoprene is neoprene, and that they are going to leak eventually, I figured I would go the other way and get some thing non-neoprene and wear more clothes under them. So far, I think I've made a good choice. And mind you I hunt in northern Vt, right till the bitter end of the season. You might want to try a pair. I've had mine I think 3 years now and still no leaks.

John Bourbon
I went to breathables 5 years ago,Warrior II's by cabelas they lasted 4 seasons. Now they are my sloppy field pair. They have some Neo in the legs . I tried another brand once (hodgeman's breathables,they leaked /boots fell apart after 2 months and the company would not replace them,back to cabelas I went. LLbean still has the best return policy going imho.
I had a pair of ultimate's for years great waders just too heavey. I finally puntured them through the side of the boot. Now they are the dogs boat bed.

I have the milleniums. They are excellent, but I did rip them on a thorn so I sent them back and got a brand new pair. They have done this for me a few times.

I've had just the opposite experience and don't shop there anymore. I bought a pair of breathable waders and they leaked from the get go. cabela's would not take the return and offered no other options other than buying a new pair.

I have since switched to llbean for waders, and have had no further issues

Back