cabellas

Cas Alkanowski

MY son and I went up to hamburge Pa. to cabellas for our first visit and WOW we were impressed with the sculpture at the entrance.the fish tanks.the elephant lions and tigers and bears oh my .The airplane pontoon hanging from the ceilling.Our lunch was Elk burgers and fries very good.I bought a Feather-Flex fully flocked hen turkey decoy with three positions stake holes,feeding ,standing and that good ol come and get it boys position.Also I bought a Remington mod.870 express 12 ga. My son hit the fishing dept to get prepared for some bay salt water fishing. We both had fun and I was glad to spend the day with my son Cas

The mounts are breath taking. What is really nice about that store is you do not turn the pages. Its all there in person.
I must have tried every wader they had till I found one I liked.

Bill I never got to the waterfowl dept.do to the long wait for my background check on purchasing the remington shot gun ,we had to leave at 5: pm for the 2 - hr ride back home.So I'm looking forward to visiting Cabellas in the near future.

Last edited:
I can't wait for that one to open up. They were supposed to build one up in the Rutherford, NJ area but because of all the political red tape and other stuff, they nixed the idea. Works better for me since the one in DE isn't too much further and I won't have to pay sales tax with the online orders since they won't be a store in NJ. I guess we will save on the DE sales tax as well. An hour and 15 minutes is a hell of a lot better than a 2.5 hour drive to PA

Last edited:
I'm from W PA & a high point for every trip home is the Hamburg Cabelas stop. I find the Scarborough Maine store outside of Portland to be a huge disapointment. It is so much smaller than Hamburg.

What is really nice about that store is you do not turn the pages. Its all there in person

Really? I find that more often than not, they don't have what I go all the way there for. Especially in the waterfowl department.

What is really nice about that store is you do not turn the pages. Its all there in person

Really? I find that more often than not, they don't have what I go all the way there for. Especially in the waterfowl department.

+1

I've also found that even when they do have what I want in stock, it can be really hard to find it, even with help from the staff on an item the computer tells them is in the store.

Back