Cedar for sneak box.

Blake Waterworth

Where would a Midwest guy(Missouri) find white cedar lumber for building a sneakbox?
It’s something I’d like to do some day but I don’t think we have much around here.

Where would a Midwest guy(Missouri) find white cedar lumber for building a sneakbox?
It’s something I’d like to do some day but I don’t think we have much around here.
Where are you located in Missouri. I am in Jefferson City and I think a few lumber yards around here might have some or might be able to order some.

I would search for lumber yards in the area and ask them if they are able to order what you need. Or if they know of places nearby the might carry in stock.

You are correct.

The closest mills are likely in the UP. I drove from Arkansas a long time ago and got a ton of lumber for decoys. The mill I used went out of business, but some up there still cut white cedar or "swamp cedar". The biggest issue will be finding boards clear and long enough for your use.

There is a lumber company administered by one of the tribes (Menominee? maybe?) if I remember correctly, that is based in Wisconsin.

It's either that or a drive to the East Coast, or work a deal out with them and have it shipped to you.

Back