Coastal NJ Puddler Video with Thelma

Craig F

Got a chance to put together a little video from one of my hunts with Thelma over the holidays.

Low light and lots of black ducks made for a lot of passed up shots, but I did okay for how it's been.

https://vimeo.com/115936939

Last edited:
Wonderful video, thanks for posting. Now you got me thinking about working more with my video camera. Video lasts longer than meat.

Thanks guys!

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Now you got me thinking about working more with my video camera. Video lasts longer than meat. [/font]

It takes a little more effort, but I've been making a conscious effort to try to take more photos and video lately as it helps to relive the good times!

Craig
One of the Best Video's I have seen in a while, Clean shots & clean birds. Thanks for the sharing.

Great video!!! That brings back memories of hunting Barnegat Bay as a young man. Grew up in Point Pleasant Beach and duck hunted all over South Jersey in sneakboxes my father and I would buy and repair. Maybe some day I'll return to my old hunting grounds and check it off my list of places to waterfowl hunt again.

Thanks everyone. I had a lot of birds work me in the morning, many of which were easily in range, but with the low light it was hard to tell black ducks from mallards until they were right on top of me and by then it was too late.

I was chasing some pintails that had been around but they gave me the slip once again.

Craig, I sure do enjoy your footage. Quality is getting better and better.

Hunting out of a BBSB and with wooden blocks is classic, now we just need to work on that para-military shotgun. hehe

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Hunting out of a BBSB and with wooden blocks is classic, now we just need to work on that para-military shotgun. hehe [/font]

I have my o/u but I've been shooting the auto so well that I don't want to switch!

Awesome
Very well done, definitely captures the essence of Coastal duck gunning on the marsh.
We are gonna hit it tomorrow...storms a comin'

Back