Coming to Brooklyn, NY....

Wow all the local highlights have already been mention. Butif you'd like to drive a 120 miles to the east and visit me in Montauk we can go fo lunch and you can see the oldest lighthouse in the country

Hey Capt Jack....Thank you for the invite. If this trip were longer, I'd love to come over and visit. We're in for a couple of days and out. I'm sure we'll be back in the fall and I'll check back with you. I didn't know you were that close. I would love to see that area and I've never hunted sea ducks either. Here in the flat land that would be 1 hour and 45 minute drive. There I imagine it would take half a day?

Ironic, a friend around the island from me had to stop the other nght and show me the Boston Whaler Montauk he just bought. Cool little boat to bad he didn't get a chance to put it in the water before he bought it. Seems he took it to the shop to have a water pump put in and get a tune-up and was informed he also needs a power head!..:\

Hey Ed,

Just noticed there's an underscore _ between the first & last name in the e-mail address I sent you of the guy you can contact about Jamaica Bay NWR.

Hey Ed,

Just noticed there's an underscore _ between the first & last name in the e-mail address I sent you of the guy you can contact about Jamaica Bay NWR.

Bob,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind. I have that book marked and we'll see how the weather pans out.

Hey Ed, you're right about Court Street Pastry, the best! I love the Regina Cookies, and in the summer the lemon ice.
Charlie Charlie:Court Street Pastry was my recommendatio to Ed. Let's keep attributions correct:I want to make sure I get my commission :) BTW:Try their Italian rum cake and the cannoli.OMG, no wonder I gain 3 lbs every time I visit the old neighborhood!!!

LOL...Tom, don't worry I know who sent me...Hey who do I ask for a Caputo's? I want to make sure I get it right.

Hey Charles, now that I have two recommendations for Court Street Pastry I gotta go. Thx

When you get time, eastern long island is the place to visit. Wineries, museums, restaurants, brew pubs and shopping for the wife. Really great fishing...

When you get time, eastern long island is the place to visit. Wineries, museums, restaurants, brew pubs and shopping for the wife. Really great fishing...

Sounds good....I'll keep the info tucked away. Thx.

I've never been and have absolutely no idea if it's worth the trip or not but if I ever make it to Brooklyn I'm going to stop at Tools For Working Wood's showroom. I've ordered from them and spent a lot of time on their site and they have real nice stuff

I've never been and have absolutely no idea if it's worth the trip or not but if I ever make it to Brooklyn I'm going to stop at Tools For Working Wood's showroom. I've ordered from them and spent a lot of time on their site and they have real nice stuff

Paul,

Since my son is a theater set designer there in Brooklyn I'll bring this up and see if he's familiar. May have to make a side trip...just us guys while the women folk are shopping.

Wow all the local highlights have already been mention. Butif you'd like to drive a 120 miles to the east and visit me in Montauk we can go fo lunch and you can see the oldest lighthouse in the country

Hey Capt Jack....Thank you for the invite. If this trip were longer, I'd love to come over and visit. We're in for a couple of days and out. I'm sure we'll be back in the fall and I'll check back with you. I didn't know you were that close. I would love to see that area and I've never hunted sea ducks either. Here in the flat land that would be 1 hour and 45 minute drive. There I imagine it would take half a day?

Ironic, a friend around the island from me had to stop the other nght and show me the Boston Whaler Montauk he just bought. Cool little boat to bad he didn't get a chance to put it in the water before he bought it. Seems he took it to the shop to have a water pump put in and get a tune-up and was informed he also needs a power head!..:\
From Brooklyn its about 21/2 hours, If you come in the fall bring your gun and we'll shoot a coot

Hey Ed, you're right about Court Street Pastry, the best! I love the Regina Cookies, and in the summer the lemon ice.
Charlie Charlie:Court Street Pastry was my recommendatio to Ed. Let's keep attributions correct:I want to make sure I get my commission :) BTW:Try their Italian rum cake and the cannoli.OMG, no wonder I gain 3 lbs every time I visit the old neighborhood!!!

LOL...Tom, don't worry I know who sent me...Hey who do I ask for a Caputo's? I want to make sure I get it right.

Charlie:ask for"Johnny Caputo"We were best friends and in the Boy Scouts together...he's still going to charge you though:Old Italian saying:"bidness es bidness" :)

Last edited:
Back