Construction photos of my Brant rig

Chuck,
Thanks for posting up,really nice birds.
Question, how do they hold up in hunting situations,do they leak or take on water? Some old time builders left the butt open so the water can wash in and out is that a good idea ?
Nice work, thanks again.
Bill.

I have yet to make a self bailer, but it is on the 'to-do' list. When I weight them for the pool (self righting) they sit too low in the water. My farm pond goose rig has just enough weight to keep the butt from bouncing, and the bottom boards sit such that they are not totally submerged, which is idea for a hunting decoy (IMHO) and would lend itself to the self bailer style.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Chuck

Chuck beautiful Brant!! If you insist on having them hunted over I will take them to NJ in January. It will beat my plastic Herters rig and Y board's. Then again the Brant I have been introduced to in past years like just about anything;)

Guys, thanks for the continued comments.

Chuck
What gauge wire to you use?

Dennis, On these deeks I used 12 gauge, swans I still prefer 9 gauge. I have used 9 on smaller deeks, but have come to the conclusion it is overkill and just makes it heavier.

Chuck

Hey i noticed some stuff on the ironing board--Man, i didn't know anyone did shirt collars any more!!!

George, you must be imaging things, the last time the ironing board was used, I think was for ironing the bands for the geese I did with Pat last summer.

Chuck

I just received one of Chucks Brant Decoys and it is a beautiful representation of the canvas covered decoy design. Thanks Chuck a great addition to my collection.
Mike

Back