Couple pics of my Chessie in Arkansas

Not a lot of Sun opening week, but here are two of my favorites

IMG_3641jpg.jpg

IMG_3741jpg.jpg

Where is your pup from?

I have 3 Chessies: 2 from Nativeland Kennels in PA, and 1 from Westwind Kennels in ME.

Not too many of the greasy stinky dogs in the South... Beautiful Deadgrass dawg!!!!

Best,
Steve

Dave, those two shots are fantastic. Love the stop action you caught on your pup with that first shot. Glad you had so much fun. Thanks for posting those fine shots.
Al

Absolutely great looking dog! I too am very interested in the breeding of your pup. I'll always have a special place in my heart for the deadgrass/widows peak combo.

Thanks everyone....I'll be back at it next week for the opening of the split, hopefully we'll have more Sun. I have some pics of my buddies Chessie as well, just haven't processed them yet.

My Chessie is from Caroway Chesapeakes. http://www.caroway.com/ Carol is located in Illinois. Other than the bad habits that I taught her being my first dog, she is awesome! Labs are great dogs, but I've personally never seen greater drive or huntability than in Chessies. Mine will be 8 in February, and acts like she 1 1/2 years.

My first hunting dog was a Chessie from Bertaleda Kennel in Marin County California. He lived till 14 and hunted with me till he was almost 11. He been gone for seven years now and I still miss him. This past weekend my son and I were driving back from a pheasant hunt and he told me that someday he would like to have a chessie. He kind of caught me by surprise some but when the time comes that he has a house of his own I'm going to get him one. I own four Llewillin setters right now but Chesapeakes are still number 1 in my heart.

Hey Dave -

Wonderful shots, the first could easily find it's way into print ! Looks like a first class gunning partner.

Thanks for posting and well done !

sarge

Great looking dog !!!!! Love the coloring, the polar opposite of my Cooper, he's about the darkest chessie I've seen

Back