Deadmount finally coming together!

That looks great! Shane does great work1

I am looking for about 1000 board fett of barn board, weathered just like that......hint hint......

I am looking for about 1000 board fett of barn board, weathered just like that......hint hint......

Well stop looking at it and get to work! LOL..But seriously I wish I had 1000 board feet. I said after working with barn wood on this that I would never mess with it again but that's not lasting long. I am already trying to find more for some other projects.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and compliments. Everytime I look at it I just stare at it for a few minutes, I'm so ready to put more birds in there but have to plan a few trips first.

No maybes. No possiblies. That is hands down THE nicest mount I have seen. I would be very proud to display that in my home.

Matt,
I showed my wife the pictures and her exact words were "that's really neat. I would let you do something like that in our house." I don't have to tell you guys that I made her repeat it and recorded it to the my cell phone...

Its really cool Matt. Its certainly something I have never seen before. I have 4 ducks from this season waiting to go to the taxidermist.

What a fantastic idea, Matt. You definitely found the right artist for the job. What a beautiful piece of work. Congratulations.
By the way, you did a great job in selecting your trophy specimens.
Al

Well stop looking at it and get to work! LOL..But seriously I wish I had 1000 board feet. I said after working with barn wood on this that I would never mess with it again but that's not lasting long. I am already trying to find more for some other projects.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and compliments. Everytime I look at it I just stare at it for a few minutes, I'm so ready to put more birds in there but have to plan a few trips first.

Have you ever tried "staining" it yourslef rather than finding old barn board? I did this with a little vinegar, water and apple cider vinegar. Works great!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I am fortunate enough to live close to a world class taxidermist, so it made this idea come together a little easier. The day I took the display up to Shane he was like "Wow", then we brain stormed for a little while then he came up with a plan on how to execute everything that day and the work started. Anyone who has dealt with him knows he is an oustanding guy to be around, and I would highly recommend him for those who have not dealt with him that are wanting birds mounted. It would be well worth shipping birds to him. I started using him about 5 years ago and he will have my business from here on out no matter where I live, so far he has mounted 17 birds for me and hopefully next year will be another big haul for me. I am trying to hunt the East Coast and bring home as many species as possible during my trip.

Have you ever tried "staining" it yourslef rather than finding old barn board? I did this with a little vinegar, water and apple cider vinegar. Works great!

I have but I like the true aged look better. Yes it is 100x harder to work with, but worth it in the end. Trying to get permission to get some from a barn or trying to but some is like asking someone to give up their first born. Barns are sacred in the South! LOL

There are some really nice trophy Blacks on Lake Champlain in mid-late November. Last year had a few days where we shot our one each and had to let a few dozen land and leave, they were the only ducks in the area......just sayin....

eddie

There are some really nice trophy Blacks on Lake Champlain in mid-late November. Last year had a few days where we shot our one each and had to let a few dozen land and leave, they were the only ducks in the area......just sayin....

eddie

I am hoping to seal the deal next year on my trip. We get them down here, but very few public places to hunt them. Out of 69,000+ acres of public water if there are Blacks around they get swarmed like bees on honey. Plus we get a lot of hybrids down here because a Mallard will poke anything.

Back