Decoy bags

rfberan

I was checking to see if anyone knew if Diane (decoy bags) is ok? I know she is solo and can take a while for orders, but I sent a self addressed/stamped envelope to get an idea as to time frame and haven't heard back. Just wondered if she is just behind or something else.

Thanks

she sells a lot on eBay. Search for decoy bags. I've bought from her a couple of time thru eBay and she shipped immediately.........

Quality product. Response time has really sped up since she started selling on e-bay. I,ve got a couple of her bags that are about 12 yrs. old and still going strong. Bought some more this spring and had them in under a week in md.

Last edited:
I have 2 of Diane's bags, they are at least 10years old and are excellent quality. I have canvas bags, not sure if she still makes them. They have sewn down dividers, a weight pocket, and a heavy duty zipper on the top. I don't usually clean them , and they are full of Delaware Bay Jersey mud, some of the finest in the nation. If I cleaned them they would be like new, but then my decoys would be clean, and Sean Sutton might have a heart attack.

I guess the only value I can add to this is I'm a data point in another part of the country... but i also have bags of hers that are more than 10yrs old and they are great. Would buy again in a heartbeat if I needed them and she use to have great sales after season.

I like Dave Clark's bags and wonder if any of you have both the Clark bags and the Diane bags and could offer a comparison other than that Dianes are cheaper. Thanks.

My bags from Diane didn't compare to the bags I have Dave
  • Nylon vs. canvas - Diane's were rougher on my decoys than Dave's. Way softer than Avery bags, but no comparison to Dave's
  • Grommets vs. webbing - I much prefer Dave's webbing
  • Sewn pockets - The bags I had from Diane weren't sewn to the bottom of the bag, Dave's are. No tangles when the pockets are sewn to the bottom
  • In a previous home I used slotted bags to keep things organized in the attic. The coating on the pockets of Diane's bags stuck to the decoys and the paint peeled when I pulled the decoy from the bag. Maybe it was a paint issue, but it didn't happen in the DC bags.
About 3 years ago I sold all my bags from Diane. I only use Dave's bags, with the exception of 1 Tanglefree slotted bag because it has backpack straps. Very handy for long walk-in hunts.

Robin,

My bags arrived yesterday. As discussed it was (2) standard 12 slots and (1) 8 slot teal bag. I sent her a message about making me a custom slotted bag for my BBIIIs bow. Goal end result would be to make a bag to fit the area between the bow and dodger, with grassing straps, and tie down points to secure to my grassing rails. Anything to help free up cockpit space I suppose. If any of you have a rig like this I'd love to see how yours are fabricated!

Back