Decoy Duplicator in Midwest?

Brian Moyse

I have come to the realization that if I am ever to build a large enough all wood diver rig I need to enlist the assistance of someone with a duplicator. A friend of mine has come into a large quantity of old western red cedar that his grandfather can mill up on his band mill. I have found a local shop with a duplicator, but the owner is very allergic to western red cedar.
So, I can either find another duplicator in the Midwest or purchase pine, white cedar, etc. The western red cedar is pretty much free to me so I would like to find another duplicator instead of buying wood.
Anyone out there know of someone in the Midwest that I can get some bodies roughed out?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian - Check with Tim Caplinger. He is near Decatur and, bought the Wildfowler operation. His is a member of this forum and, will most likely be at the Henry Decoy Show on February 8th. Pat

Brian, you should just get the wood make a road trip back to the bay and a few beers later we will have all the bodies you need.

Brian
You might try Deppler Wood Shop at 608 325 3329 or Amity Stripping Shop 608 325 4179 both in Monroe.
wis boz

I'm way to far away to help you, but I do have an old 8 spindle machine. I wish whomever you find to do the work best of luck, the WRC is notorious for being an irritant. Nothing throws clouds of dust like the multiple spindle carvers. Respirator and tyvek suit strongly recommended. When I carve EWC I have a headache for a couple of days afterward, no problem with pine.

Back