Decoys in the mist

MLBob Furia

Took these pics of my decoys before the a.m. fog had lifted. Thought you guys might enjoy them.

This sleeper blackduck made from a frond has become one of my favorites this season. I like to sit him in the hole all by himself:

szOOPS 003 (600 x 399).jpg

Here's a big drake with his spec exposed:

szOOPS 005 (600 x 362).jpg

And here he is surrounded by his "harem":

szOOPS 011 (600 x 386).jpg

A little teal pair swimming off by themselves at the head of the puddlers, heading in the direction of the sleeper:

szOOPS 006 (600 x 327).jpg

And the drake by himself:

szOOPS 002 (600 x 358).jpg

Been thinking, this may be the year that I actually make good on going out and making a set after the seasons go out... and just take the camera.

At the other end of the day, the late afternoon lighting in a flooded slough makes for some nice shots as well.

Some frond blackducks (including that sleeper) in a section of slough that flooded when the River came up this week:

szOOPS 001 (600 x 344).jpg
szOOPS 027 (600 x 348).jpg
szOOPS 035 (600 x 367).jpg

Couple of widgeon off to the side:

szOOPS 016 (600 x 394).jpg

And here's a pair of frond mallards:

INopener07 023 (600 x 341).jpg

Last edited:
Now I wonder what that drake Mallard did, to deserve such a scolding from the hen.

scolding.jpg

hehehehe

What ever it was he sure looks smug about it!

Last edited:
Nice work Bob.If the viz was better,all the ducks would want to be there to flirt with thoes beauties.

Man those are beautiful deke's. I really like the way the heads are strecthed out on those couple.

Hunting dave that looks he farted and she's giving him a earfull. "You nasty @##$%^"

Back