Destinations

Phil Nowack

Does anyone have any good info about a traveling freelance hunt for this time of the year???? Nebraska, Montana???

Feel free to PM.....

If you do come out east bring your shorts. Maybe golf clubs or a fishing pole.

Usually this is the best time to hunt in ct with our snow storms starting, not this year.

But New England to NJ is first come first serve for coastal hunting and covered under fish and fowl so you guide yourself.

Good luck

What about long point a lot of waterfowl history and if I'm not mistaken 4 cans for daily bag. They should be shooting bills, cans and redheads now.

In most years I would suggest the Gulf coast. But not this year. At least not yet. Maybe after Christmas.

Phil, let me know if you want a tag along. I have 9 days of vacation that start this week. I would love to do a freelance somewhere besides Lake Guntersville.

From talking to our wardens, you might be close to being right!

Wow...you still get away with calling them "Wardens" down there? LOL....I got a talking to one day for that. I was informed they are "Conservation Police"! At least here in Illinois. Apparently I was still in high school the last time we had a "Game Warden".

Official title is "Conservation Enforcement Officer". We usually say "LEO" around the office. But "Game Warden" or "Warden" is still commonly used here.
Many of our Biologists are also "LEOs", depends on their duty position. For example: I am not an LEO and my position has no enforcement duties, but a Biologist over a management area is normally LEO trained & certified.

We call them Wardens here....

At this point, any traveling for me will have to be in January...... but I am not going if I do not have a high expectation for more than an early morning boat ride... taken enough of those with Pete!

Back