DID YOU EVER SINK YOUR TRAILER AND TRUCK

Dwight

I do all of the above now days, But !still always have my tow chain, and my cell phone handy.
Thank all of you for your post, This site has some of the best waterfowl minds know to man. Hey I can dream.[smile]

From Huntin' Dave McCann...."As I get a bit older, I find I am a bit less motivated"
I hear you my friend. Now that I am older there have been days when I pull up to the ramp and ice is forming big drifting sheets and and there are whitecapping rollers and I say "not today." When I was in my 20s, I wouldn't think twice about it.

Dwight

Your so wright, now days I'm such a baby when it comes to doing thing I use to do all the time. Maybe smarter. I use to laugh at all my older friends when they used the saying (Back in the Day). Well guess what I was a man's man back in the day. Now days no waves ,no ice, no rain , that always leads to no ducks. But I still love it the same as when I was young man. thanks

Never sank the trailer but I once I was launching at a ramp in the middle of no where, at 4:30.
Backed the trailer into the water, when I got out of the truck somehow the door locked as it shut it.
Trailer in the water,
truck running,
4:30 am,
4 miles from the nearest house,
before cell phones.
Oh shit, what do I do????

Broke out the slider on the back window, unlocked the truck, launched the boat, parked the truck and went hunting anyway. What the heck, right??
$150 already gonne be down the tubes for a new back window, might as well hunt.
Shot a couple of woodies!

Ever since then, I open the drivers side window when backing the trailer in, no matter what time of day or how cold it is.

Ahh! Hideakey is your friend. Left my 4 month lab pup in trk. with it running last spring . Just stepped out for a second . Heard the locks click behind me! Turned around to the pup standing on drivers seat with foot on door arm lock button. hideakey solved the problem!

Last edited:
Carl

That is to funny! Sorry about 150 bucks. But I would of done the same thing. If it will go wrong! duck hunting is the place to be, Many of times have I been in bad spots hunting. One time I was towing my boat on a main road. I started going down hill. My friend said: Anthony that looks like your boat passing us. I said: what! sure as crap it was it came off the hitch some how. Sparks flying all over the place when it went right by us. Not a pretty site to see. But some how nothing happen to the boat. It finally stop and we hooked up a crooked trailer and went hunting. ThanksView attachment Picture 123.jpg

Carl said:
Ever since then, I open the drivers side window when backing the trailer in, no matter what time of day or how cold it is.

Definitely a good idea Carl. I've had fears about that same thing happening when launching. I typically have my window down as well.

Last edited:
Back