Dodger on a Devlin Broadbill

Charlie,

I do not claim to be an expert on this, but when doing some internet research for the projects I seem to remember UV issues w/ polyester, so you may want to check into that (you'd think outdoor equals UV resistant). I went with nylon "Upholstry" thread, which I have bought from Wal-mart and a couple of specialty sewing shops (Walmart had limited color selection).

Never tried chalk, and would be curious to see if it rubs off before you get done stitching. You can purchase fabric markers that fade out in a couple hours, but if the line can be hidden, I prefer a "Sharpie" as the lines are easy to find and last until I get done sewing.

-Bill

Charly for the tubing that the doger is threaded into wether you use the aluminum or hard rubber plastic type it can be purchased at any R.V.dealer ship for less, than at a boat place check it out .Cas P.S.it is used for the awnings on R.V.

Last edited:
Hey Bill, do you give sewing lessons? I should be to that point in a week or so. I figure I owe you a cup of coffee anyway.

Dave,
I really do not know that much about sewing, but could show you how thread a machine and break 16 and 18 guage needles. However, I am always up for a good cup of coffee! Shoot me an email if you want to get together some time.

-Bill

Back